LaunchBox Community Forums

Games play on Retroarch but not on Launchbox or big box (noob)

PistolPeteATX

Hey guys, I have watched a ton of videos and read a bunch of you guys helping others with games that wouldn't play. Most of the time it was because they didn't have retroarch setup and tested first before hand. My retro arch is working good and games are playing well! I have imported all of my games to launch box (took 2 days) and I have my roms on a separate drive since there is just too many of them. When importing I followed the videos and left my videos to be pointed to on my separate drive from the C: drive where launchbox is located. I am pretty sure my emulator settings are correct but I am feeling pretty defeated here and would love some help from the pros! Where do we start? What should I try next?

Is it a particular platform or all platforms? If they work in RA and not LB then usually something in your LB setup is missing. Start by posting the following pics. Seeing things makes it easier to find the issue.

Go to >Tools>Manage Emulators and edit Retroarch (post following pics):

1. Pick a platform not working and Post pic of "Details"tab and "Associated Platforms" tab.

Right click a game from that same platform and edit.

1. Post pic of Metadata page, Launching page, and Emulation page.

27 minutes ago, PistolPeteATX said:

Yes all cores are downloaded in retroarch and the games play inside retroarch.

I remember someone having a similar issue. Cores where in the RA folder, but LB did not see them. I have to see if I can find that thread. I do not remember what the issue ended up being.

Any chance you have more than one Retroarch folder and are maybe pointing to one that does not have the cores downloaded?

44 minutes ago, PistolPeteATX said:

I think during this whole mess of an install, i downloaded some cores in retroarch. before installing LB and some after. 

When you donwloaded them would not matter.

Can you test something. For SNES change the core option to something else. Does not matter what, does not even have to be a SNES core. Then click ok and close out the manage emulator screen. Go back into Manage Emulators and select the correct core for SNES and see if it finds the core.

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Well it clearly says it is using nestopia, and that that core is missing. Which core are you trying to use? If you double click where it says nestopia that is a dropdown and will list all your downloaded Retroarch cores, just select the one you want to use from the list.

BOOM!!!!! So lesson learned. When having emulator issues. open retroarch side by side with launch box. 

CLICK --->TOOLS---->MANAGE EMULATORS---->

DOUBLE CLICK -----> RETROARCH

CLICK ------> ASSOCIATED PLATFORMS 

THEN Go down the list of core names for each system you have and match the names as best as can be with how they are listed in retroarch.

BUT..... I do not see "Arcade" or Mame in this list. Where can I adjust the emulator name for mame?

I AM ALMOST THERE!!!!!!