LaunchBox Community Forums

retroachievements: error with login! please try again.

Archivegamer

been off of bigbox since beginning of august, tried to play a few NES, Famicom and Genesis games today and i get that message on bottom of screen,  checked my API key and i'm logged in successfully, its probably been doing this several weeks, i tried a few weeks ago and got same message but didn't check into it cause i've been busy, any help would be appreciated

4 minutes ago, Archivegamer said:

been off of bigbox since beginning of august, tried to play a few NES, Famicom and Genesis games today and i get that message on bottom of screen,  checked my API key and i'm logged in successfully, its probably been doing this several weeks, i tried a few weeks ago and got same message but didn't check into it cause i've been busy, any help would be appreciated

That sounds like the Retroarch message, not Launchbox. So you need to check your Retroarch details, the API and such in Launchbox is only for the Launchbox UI, the actual emulator still needs to be logged in as well.

1 hour ago, Archivegamer said:

Ok, I've had difficulties with retroarch since I started using my new PC I built, I haven't been able to access retroarch with hotkeys, only from launchbox by right clicking a compatible game, I'll keep trying that route

Had a similar problem a couple of times after updating to the latest Retroarch. Have you tried to empty the cheevos_token code inside the " " in retroarch.cfg?

During my troubleshooting I did something in retroarch that causes my games to not be fullscreen when I first load them from menu, I can still left click window and "toggle exclusive full screen" but I'd like to not do that every time, can someone please let me know what to do? Sorry for the question in a question

3 minutes ago, Archivegamer said:

During my troubleshooting I did something in retroarch that causes my games to not be fullscreen when I first load them from menu, I can still left click window and "toggle exclusive full screen" but I'd like to not do that every time, can someone please let me know what to do? Sorry for the question in a question

Nevermind, I toggled fullscreen mode in retroarch and fixed it, thanks y'all, everything is working