LaunchBox Community Forums

What Windows dependancies does Launchbox have?

Johnny T

I have Launchbox/BigBox installed on a big 8Tb drive and I plug it in to my arcade cabinet when I'm using it. 

Then, when I'm not using my arcade cabinet, I plug the drive into my main PC so I can work on the images/video snaps etc.

I updated LB to 11.5 today and it installed some Windows type stuff but, when I plugged my drive in to my arcade cabinet it didn't ask to install anything - I clicked "check for updates" and it just said it was up to date.

So, I'm guessing I'm missing an install of something on my arcade cabinet PC but I'm not sure what it is?

My questions are:

1) Can I just do a clean install of LB over my existing install and it will preserve everything and go off and get the right dependancies (C++ redistributables or whatever they are)??

2) Or does anyone know what other Windows stuff I need to download to support my LB install on the cabinet PC??

I'm hoping number 1 is possible as that would be easier/cleaner to just do a reinstall and let LB go get what it wants but I don't want to lose anything or I'll cry like a huge, grown up baby after all the work I've put into it.

Thanks ?

Newest version of LaunchBox requires .NET core, the older versions used .NET Framework. That is probably is what is causing the issue you are having. If you do #1 on the cabinet it should take care of that for you. You could alternatively just go to Microsoft page and grab the newest version of the .NET Core runtimes.

Just now, C-Beats said:

Newest version of LaunchBox requires .NET core, the older versions used .NET Framework. That is probably is what is causing the issue you are having. If you do #1 on the cabinet it should take care of that for you. You could alternatively just go to Microsoft page and grab the newest version of the .NET Core runtimes.

Thanks C-Beats. So, doing a clean install of LB wouldn't overwrite any of my settings (i'll probably just install the .NET Core runtimes instead because I'm a wuss but just for future knowledge)?

Also, is it just the "runtime" on this page I need: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download

Thanks for your help ?