LaunchBox Community Forums

Launching Atomiswave in Demul black screen issue

Beati3

Hello, me again,

I'm trying to use Demul to emulate Atomiswave. I can launch games directly in the emulator, but when I try to launch them from LaunchBox I get the black screen. I've unchecked the box in the emulator settings "Hide all windows that are not in exclusive full screen mode", but I just get Demul sitting on top of the black screen. I thought once it worked in the emulator it would launch. I have a lot to learn. I'd be most grateful for any assistance, please.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Beati3 said:

Hello, me again,

I'm trying to use Demul to emulate Atomiswave. I can launch games directly in the emulator, but when I try to launch them from LaunchBox I get the black screen. I've unchecked the box in the emulator settings "Hide all windows that are not in exclusive full screen mode", but I just get Demul sitting on top of the black screen. I thought once it worked in the emulator it would launch. I have a lot to learn. I'd be most grateful for any assistance, please.

Thank you.

Do you have the command line parameters in the Associate Platforms tab in Demul within LaunchBox emulator set-up?

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 10.36.00 AM.png

Thank you. I didn't. I've added them but still nothing. I expect it needs a default command line parameter?

Thank you for your response. That was very helpful. I just need to find the other thing I've missed.

I've missed something for sure.

demul details.jpg

Associated platforms.jpg

Edited by Beati3

14 minutes ago, Beati3 said:

Thank you. I didn't. I've added them but still nothing. I expect it needs a default command line parameter?

Thank you for your response. That was very helpful. I just need to find the other thing I've missed.

That was the default command line parameter I posted.

Can you post the following pics. >Tools>Manage Emulators and edit Demul.

1: Pic of the Details tab

2: Pic of the Associated Platform tab

A couple things.

You have the wrong command for Atomiswave. Needs to be below.

-run=awave -rom=

Naomi is wrong as well. Look back at my picture.

Also, you cannot use the same Demul setup for Dreamcast and arcade platforms. Dreamcast requires different boxes checked on the Details page. You would just want to create a new Emulator entry. Most create a "Demul Arcade" and set it up for arcade boards and "Demul" and set it up for Dreamcast. You can still point to the same demul.exe.

Thank you for being so patient. I provide support for a living. So I appreciate the how annoying my own lack of attention to detail is. I removed the Dreamcast reference. It was in there from the start. I'm not after DC emulation yet. Thank you for the pointers. I'll use those in future. I've made the adjustments to the emulator settings, but it's still not running. I'm aware the issue with this is in the cockpit, not the engine. I'm attaching the edited settings. When I was setting the resolution directly in Demul there were some resolutions that resulted in black screens. I've set it to run at fullscreen and display when I start a rom directly in Demul. Is there a similar setting I could change at the LB end somewhere that might fix it, please?
Again, thank you for your support and patience.

Demul_details_edited.jpg

associated_platforms_edited.jpg

Edited by Beati3
forgot attachments

24 minutes ago, Beati3 said:

Thank you for being so patient. I provide support for a living. So I appreciate the how annoying my own lack of attention to detail is. I removed the Dreamcast reference. It was in there from the start. I'm not after DC emulation yet. Thank you for the pointers. I'll use those in future. I've made the adjustments to the emulator settings, but it's still not running. I'm aware the issue with this is in the cockpit, not the engine. I'm attaching the edited settings. When I was setting the resolution directly in Demul there were some resolutions that resulted in black screens. I've set it to run at fullscreen and display when I start a rom directly in Demul. Is there a similar setting I could change at the LB end somewhere that might fix it, please?
Again, thank you for your support and patience.

The only thing LB does is sent a command line to the emulator to run it. It affects nor controls anything within the emulator.

1: All the games you are testing inside of LB, do they run directly in Demul?

2: I see you have the Associated Platform listed as "Atomiswave" is that what you called the platform inside Launchbox? Whatever the platform name is that shows in Launchbox must match what you put in the Associated Platform tab.

Can you choose a game and right click then edit it. Show pics of 1: The Metadata page 2: The Launcher page 3: The emulation page.

• Like 1

Eureka! It's running from LB. Hooray!! Thank you. It was the system name. I'd added it as "Sammy Atomiswave" and had put only "Atomiswave" in the emulator settings. You caught it! Thank you very much! I promise to be more detail oriented through the rest of my setup process!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now for much dolphin machine gun joy.

• Like 1