LaunchBox Community Forums

Can LB scrape into individual game folders?

Admiralbison

*First of all I am loving Launch box and am a stickler for presentation both of the cleaner simple and fun showy varieties.

** Apologies if this has been answered plenty of times before, but I couldn't really find anything on this other than suggestions of external scrapers, which I am still looking for that could possibly do the job and also be compatible with LB

Not a knock on Kodi or LB's ability to scrape, but the external scrapers I've used seem more powerful and have a few important key features.

As for the question

For example.

I have a media library for movies and tv shows using the front end 'Kodi' and I use external scrapers (Ember and Tinymediamanager) to get all the metadata/images/info locally into each movie/tvshow-episodes own folder(s).

i.e. External HDD contains a movie folder with hundreds of movies and when running the scraper it makes sure to "encampsulate" any bare file <movie title>.mkv into their own folder with the same corresponding name.

So when scraping is done it is

<movie title>Folder

<movie title>.mkv

<fanart>Folder

1.jpg 1

2.jpg 2

3.jpg 3

etc...

<movie title>.nfo

<movie title>.poster.jpg

<movie title> trailer.mkv

<movie title>banner.jpg

etc....

Reason why I prefer this structure and use an external scraper is because of

1. portability  - so if I where to copy a movie folder or tv season/series I already have all the associated images and metadata all self contained and the Front End can parse the information locally if I were to run play them in on a separate device, front end or offline where streaming is not an option I do not need to re-scrape all the data or get all the scraped data from a folder that Kodi/Plex etc...have placed and insert them into another application's folder structure to read.

2. All the data I have pre-scrapped has been corrected and only need to be done once so I know and 99.95% of the time it is displayed correctly.

I believe LB uses it's own database now, but it would be great if roms/games that have been pre scraped correctly from other sources would be easier to upload into LB's database.

If this can't really be implemented into LB can anyone suggest any external scrapers that they know can do this?

ok thanks.

I will have a look at the platform settings to see if I can change the location where metadata and images are scraped to.

It's just I found when it comes to movies/tv shows, pre-scraping the data and storing it in the same directory where the movies/tv shows are makes it easier for front ends like Kodi etc... to parse the content locally.

1 hour ago, Admiralbison said:

ok thanks.

I will have a look at the platform settings to see if I can change the location where metadata and images are scraped to.

You can change the folder where images are stored, but as C-Beats stated it cannot be done on a per game option.

Also metadata location cannot be changed. Depending on the metadata it is set to the either \Launchbox\Data or \Launchbox\Metadata folder structures.