LaunchBox Community Forums

Newbie, in need of Theme help please

jimmycoupe

Does anybody know how I can update the device logo so it no longer just has boring text "Arcade Light Gun" as you can see in my picture (pic1).  I have worked out how to change the logo when you go into the game selection screen as you can see from my second picture (pic2) but its on the main screen where I am having the issue.  Please help someone as I have spent along time going around in circles :-).

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Edited by jimmycoupe

Just now, jimmycoupe said:

yes it is RetroFresh, oh nice Playlists, I didnt see that, I was mainly focused on the platform folder. Let me go and try that now.  Many thanks for your swift reply :-).

No worries! When all else fails, I just copy and paste images until I find what works. Just keep in mind though, if you place any logos in the "images" folder of Retrofresh, they'll only work with that particular theme

I do not appear to have a playlist folder? where would this be?

Currently i have put my Light gun clear logo in the Lauchbox\Core\images\Platforms\Arcade Light Gun\Clear Logo\ and Lauchbox\Images\Platforms\Arcade Light Gun\Clear Logo but as you can see in the screenshots it only appears on the rom selection screen.

Thank you, i have just created the following

c:\launchbox\images\playlists\Arcade Light Gun\

and created the sub folders in there and dropped the logo into the clear logo sub folder.

I am currently doing a full launchbox theme update so once it has finished I will run Big Box and see if this has helped.

Many thanks for your help, it is really appreciated as I have been going around in circles trying to do this :-).

4 minutes ago, jimmycoupe said:

and created the sub folders in there and dropped the logo into the clear logo sub folder.

I am currently doing a full launchbox theme update so once it has finished I will run Big Box and see if this has helped.

Many thanks for your help, it is really appreciated as I have been going around in circles trying to do this :-).

Dont forget to refresh the cache in Bigbox, Options/Image Cache.

6 minutes ago, jimmycoupe said:

No problem at all! That should work and like Neil said, be sure to refresh the cache in Bigbox, Options/Image Cache.

It worked I now have artwork, yippee.  You guys are heroes and don't let people tell you that you aren't :-).

Today is not only the day my Commodore Plus4 game I have been looking for 22 years arrived through my door it was also the day that I finally understood the launchbox theme options, not sure which is bigger ?.

Anyone know if there is a cool theme video for Light Guns?

• Like 1