LaunchBox Community Forums

Deleting NES Games, come back on launchbox restart

floodie

All other platforms seem fine, never had this before but ive sorted out my NES library a number of times now, First couple of times i thought i mustve been going mad and didnt do it.

Essentially I have been in Launchbox > NES and doing a general overhaul which includes deleting some games (Right click > Delete) or Editing other Games because their Rom path is wrong. Every time i do an amendment i test and load the game and its all good.

Its not until i restart Launch box, or reboot my system that it all goes back to the way it was... It is like there is some kind of Read Only attribute on this platform somewhere... However i dont get any warnings and when i do the changes its all perfect up until i restart then its back in exactly the same state as it was when i started.. 

Any ideas? Cheers 

6 minutes ago, floodie said:

All other platforms seem fine, never had this before but ive sorted out my NES library a number of times now, First couple of times i thought i mustve been going mad and didnt do it.

Essentially I have been in Launchbox > NES and doing a general overhaul which includes deleting some games (Right click > Delete) or Editing other Games because their Rom path is wrong. Every time i do an amendment i test and load the game and its all good.

Its not until i restart Launch box, or reboot my system that it all goes back to the way it was... It is like there is some kind of Read Only attribute on this platform somewhere... However i dont get any warnings and when i do the changes its all perfect up until i restart then its back in exactly the same state as it was when i started.. 

Any ideas? Cheers 

Do you have a backup of the file in the data/platforms folder that is interfering?

3 minutes ago, floodie said:

Apologies for the camera to screen picture but i think you are on to something here. the only system with a problem has 3 entries... The normal NES, then NES.Backup, then NES.Missing.Serial

Should i delete Backup and MSerial?

NES Error.jpg

Yes, that is the issue, the games you are deleting are still being read from the other files. You should never have any extra files like that in that folder. Delete the Famicom one as well while you are at it