LaunchBox Community Forums

Install is not a valid Win32 application

The-Kiwi

I've just downloaded the Launchbox install for Windows, and attempted to run it.  I did try a local search here, and previously tried an internet search using Google, and had no hits for the specific program.  Before I attempt a broad spectrum general action, I want to affirm that it's a brand new Windows setup, also.  The PC has been chosen as a DOSbox platform, and has almost nothing on it, yet. 

Thank you in advance. 

Kiwi

3 minutes ago, The-Kiwi said:

I'll run a search on the Internet specifying that, first, since I wasn't aware of the need for a 64-bit version.  Since I'm only using three GBs of RAM, I didn't figure I needed to get another, late-release OS copy. 

Kiwi

To be honest 3GB of RAM isnt going to be enough anyway, Windows will use that by itself.

The version that was already a 64-bit application was 11.3 not 11.6; 10.15 and 11.0 are both demanding NET Framework 4.8, while Windows XP tops out with 4.03 . . I'll try version 7.8 next.  Still balked there.  Instead of 4.8, though, it "only" demanded the 4.6 Net Framework.

Kiwi

Edited by The-Kiwi
Added a new last sentence.