LaunchBox Community Forums

Images folder Location

VampD

Is there a way to move the Images folder to a different location and point LB/BB to it? I want to move it to a different drive (read: larger) but keep my LB/BB install where it currently is located (usr/Launchbox). I've searched the forums for an answer and looked through LB (11.7) to change the path but haven't found anything.

3 minutes ago, VampD said:

Is there a way to move the Images folder to a different location and point LB/BB to it? I want to move it to a different drive (read: larger) but keep my LB/BB install where it currently is located (usr/Launchbox). I've searched the forums for an answer and looked through LB (11.7) to change the path but haven't found anything.

Tools/Manage Platforms/Folders tab allows you to browse and change locations.

8 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Tools/Manage Platforms/Folders tab allows you to browse and change locations.

Thanks for the response, but FFS, that's a lot of instances to change per Platform, much less across the board. Think that info is stored in an xml I can edit and batch find & replace "Images/ to E:/Images/" and media, etc? I've glanced through some xml files but nothing stood out.

3 hours ago, VampD said:

Thanks for the response, but FFS, that's a lot of instances to change per Platform, much less across the board. Think that info is stored in an xml I can edit and batch find & replace "Images/ to E:/Images/" and media, etc? I've glanced through some xml files but nothing stood out.

The file you would want is \\Launchbox\Data\Platforms.xml. In the bottom of the file there are PlatformFolders tags with information on the platform, what the path is for, and where it points. You would change the path in those sections.

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

The file you would want is \\Launchbox\Data\Platforms.xml. In the bottom of the file there are PlatformFolders tags with information on the platform, what the path is for, and where it points. You would change the path in those sections.

Excellent! Thanks!