LaunchBox Community Forums

Slow boot

vzc

Hi all - so I’ve managed to get a Launchbox set up with Nes / SNES / ps1 / ps2 but just with only these systems the load time is so slow to boot up Launchbox. Games also take quite some time to boot.. where as alternate front end system with tonnes more systems boots within seconds... are there some tweaks or settings that need to be looked at? 

11 minutes ago, vzc said:

Hi all - so I’ve managed to get a Launchbox set up with Nes / SNES / ps1 / ps2 but just with only these systems the load time is so slow to boot up Launchbox. Games also take quite some time to boot.. where as alternate front end system with tonnes more systems boots within seconds... are there some tweaks or settings that need to be looked at? 

Whats your definition of slow, and how many systems and games are we talking?

I have tested this on two windows 10 machines 

dell i5 8500t 7070 micro with 256gb ssd m.2 and 8gb ram 

and i7 7700k, rx 580 8gb, nvme m.2 500gb Samsung with 16gb ram 

both systems it takes atleast 40 seconds to 1 minute for launch box to open then just with the 4 platforms/systems (approx 15,000 games) nothing compared to some other builds and then opening games takes 20-30seconds 

By caching do you mean the green bar across the top? It’s done that already..

auto populated lists? I just imported the ROMs and did a media search through the import steps and that’s it - I’ve not made any play lists as of yet although I do want to make collections of games..

ive re installed windows this evening so it’s a complete clean install will try import again and see how that goes - it’s nice to have all the games but also emulators weren’t working for all the games so I might just limit it back to the games that are of interest. 

are there any Launchbox pre config emulator folder settings avail on here via this forum?

6 sounds sounds fair - would be great if I could get it down to that / less..

Hi Guys - ive done a reinstall seems to still be lagging 

is the caching process the green bar across the top? does this run every time? 

alternate front ends load super quick less then 5 seconds and then even games unzips and loads with in 5 seconds also - so im confident my system is up to the task not sure if im missing any settings or something :/ Anti virus (default windows 10) is also off so no additional scans taking place...

any ideas? TIA