LaunchBox Community Forums

Help needed with running RA Flycast naomi and atomiswave from LB

vgbox

When trying to load content from Naomi and Atomiswave from LB the Dreamcast boot menu appears. How to solve this?

For bios, i put the bios zip files in the system/dc folder: awbois, naomi, naomigd, f355bios, f355dlx, hod2bios, airlbios. For games, i use .zip files from Mame files.

I tried to run naomi and atomiswave games from  RA and they run.

3.thumb.jpg.3ed74d4ac029353fec0ac6de94f991a7.jpg2.thumb.png.74d106b2fabe5beeaadd926f19c71470.png1.jpg.28d9a9b15fd3784a72b682f5a1bd4fdb.jpg

3 hours ago, vgbox said:

Yes, System Type is set to auto.

Try setting it manually to the specific system type and make sure to save a game specific option override. (top item in that same menu) Than restart the game.

You mentioned you grabbed the rom from a mame set, was that a current set? (Or close to it?)

Just to be safe, Once you load the core, I would double check in the Retroarch menu -> Information -> Core Information and double check the bios checksums match as well. 

32 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

Try setting it manually to the specific system type and make sure to save a game specific option override. (top item in that same menu) Than restart the game.

You mentioned you grabbed the rom from a mame set, was that a current set? (Or close to it?)

Just to be safe, Once you load the core, I would double check in the Retroarch menu -> Information -> Core Information and double check the bios checksums match as well. 

I put system type on naomi and save settings to core and game. When launching from LB the naomi logo appears with "eorror, cannot open by the main board" something like this. 

Close to the recent version.

In the information, for naomi, it just lists the naomi.zip with no additional information.

With that said, as i wrote, the naomi and atomiswave games do run from RA, just not from LB, isn't the problem in LB then?

4 hours ago, vgbox said:

I put system type on naomi and save settings to core and game. When launching from LB the naomi logo appears with "eorror, cannot open by the main board" something like this. 

This is a different problem and can be caused by several things:

1. Are you sure its a Naomi game, not a Naomi 2 or a Sammy game.
  2. Does that game need a corresponding CHD image as well?
  3. Some games you have to use the service key to go into the settings of the actual arcade game and change things like cabinet type to work corretly.

Can you specify the game you are trying?

4 hours ago, vgbox said:

With that said, as i wrote, the naomi and atomiswave games do run from RA, just not from LB, isn't the problem in LB then?

Are you sure LB is pointing to the same Retroarch install as when you start it manually?

5 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

This is a different problem and can be caused by several things:

1. Are you sure its a Naomi game, not a Naomi 2 or a Sammy game.
  2. Does that game need a corresponding CHD image as well?
  3. Some games you have to use the service key to go into the settings of the actual arcade game and change things like cabinet type to work corretly.

Can you specify the game you are trying?

Are you sure LB is pointing to the same Retroarch install as when you start it manually?

Yes, i have all naomi 1 files in naomi 1 folder.

I tried Spawn.zip, 18wheelrr.zip, for example.

Yes, it is pointed to the same folder.

The folders i use for naomi 1 and atomiswave were meant for demul but flycast uses the same files (zips and chds) and they are from mame and they run from RA...

2 screen shots from Naomi 1 folder:

Beginning of the zip files:4.thumb.jpg.292d51b04304b0d481d1b0092e9d26c0.jpg

Beginning of CHD folders:

5.jpg

Edited by vgbox

I fixed the problem.

1. I created a new emulator configuration only for RA flycast arcade (naomi and atomiswave)

2. I unchecked "extract rom archives before running" which was preventing naomi and atomiswave games from running.

Now the games run from LB.

6.thumb.jpg.3592e5646629dec045e4c95994a3d121.jpg

Edited by vgbox
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vgbox said:

I fixed the problem.

2. I unchecked "extract rom archives before running" which was preventing naomi and atomiswave games from running.

Great.

I can't believe I missed that. ? So use to just checking the above 3 options, since I never unzip roms and completely forget about that one. Have fun. ?

• Like 1