LaunchBox Community Forums

Changing platform name

joelfabiani

Hey all, 

I got very excited on the lastest changelog regarding adjusts renaming the platforms. 

"New Feature: When editing platforms and changing the platform name, you'll now be prompted to optionally change all the platform folder names, and also optionally migrate all media (from the poll)"

But I noticed that when renaming it creates a "Games\[newname]" empty folder but doesn't move the roms nor adjust the "launching" field. 

Is this expected? 

Thank you!

42 minutes ago, joelfabiani said:

Thank you @Retro808. It's more clear now. The only thing confusing is why LB creates a empty folder inside Games with the new name? Will it be used in anyway? 

That is the default nature if LB to try and keep the software as portable as possible. This way after the platform name change if you use the option to move games into the LB structure when you import roms the properly named folder is there in the Games subfolder. 

20 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

That is the default nature if LB to try and keep the software as portable as possible. This way after the platform name change if you use the option to move games into the LB structure when you import roms the properly named folder is there in the Games subfolder. 

Oh I got it. So after renaming, If I import a new game for this platform it goes on the new folder instead on adding to the old one. Makes sense. Thank you.