LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox does not background itself when launching pcsx2 games.

Glenn72

Thanks for the reply, I'll go through all of the settings tomorrow and see.  I thought it may have been the theme, but happens the same on default theme too.

Some further details, the screen goes black when launched from Bigbox but you can hear sound from the game.  Alt + tab brings you to the pcsx2 window after a few presses.  I'll play around with more options on pcsx2 and see, thanks.

8 minutes ago, Glenn72 said:

Thanks for the reply, I'll go through all of the settings tomorrow and see.  I thought it may have been the theme, but happens the same on default theme too.

Some further details, the screen goes black when launched from Bigbox but you can hear sound from the game.  Alt + tab brings you to the pcsx2 window after a few presses.  I'll play around with more options on pcsx2 and see, thanks.

That sounds like a startup/shutdown screen settings issue, try turning them off and see if it fixes it, if so you will need to adjust your startup screen settings for pcsx2.

36 minutes ago, Glenn72 said:

It's still not working,  i went through all of the pcsx2 settings, but I'm ok with the alt + tab twice to start up a game.

Did you not look at the Launchbox startup/shutdown screens like i suggested, im pretty sure your pronlem lays there. I run pcsx2 with no focus issues at all.

Thanks a lot Neil9000, that was exactly the problem and apologies for the length of time it took to check this option.  As soon as I disabled the start up screen at the theme specific options it works perfectly now,.  Is there a way to set this up on an emulator specific basis as it looks like the option is global for the theme settings.  Thanks again for your help and advice.

Just now, Glenn72 said:

Thanks a lot Neil9000, that was exactly the problem and apologies for the length of time it took to check this option.  As soon as I disabled the start up screen at the theme specific options it works perfectly now,.  Is there a way to set this up on an emulator specific basis as it looks like the option is global for the theme settings.  Thanks again for your help and advice.

Glad you got it sorted. You can set them per emulator in Tools/Manage Emulators/name of emulator/Startup tab.