LaunchBox Community Forums

Match imported metadata with ROM filenames

pina

Hi,

I have a bunch of platforms and roms on my drive and I want to downloaded the assets of it by the Launchbox importer. But it seems like the filenames of the metadata don’t match with the filenames of the roms  f.e.:

ROM filename: 
Army Men - Sarge’s Heroes (USA).chd

Imported assets: 
Army Men_Sarge_s Heroes-01.mp4

Is there any way that LB matches or renames them to the rom filename? Because I’m also using those assets in Arc Browser on my Shield and it’s required that the assets filenames matches the rom filenames, which I think make sense...

I understand that it replaces special characters like ‘ to a _ I can easily batch rename those files. But (USA) being removed everywhere. And all the assets do have a 01 as suffix... that’s too much to rename in bulk....

3 hours ago, pina said:

Hi,

I have a bunch of platforms and roms on my drive and I want to downloaded the assets of it by the Launchbox importer. But it seems like the filenames of the metadata don’t match with the filenames of the roms  f.e.:

ROM filename: 
Army Men - Sarge’s Heroes (USA).chd

Imported assets: 
Army Men_Sarge_s Heroes-01.mp4

Is there any way that LB matches or renames them to the rom filename? Because I’m also using those assets in Arc Browser on my Shield and it’s required that the assets filenames matches the rom filenames, which I think make sense...

I understand that it replaces special characters like ‘ to a _ I can easily batch rename those files. But (USA) being removed everywhere. And all the assets do have a 01 as suffix... that’s too much to rename in bulk....

No. There is no feature to have LB name download assets through its UI after the rom. This would have to be a manual process if you want to use LB downloaded media for other software.