LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Desktop backgrounds settings question

Bedwyr

One more question.

I'm using Launchbox Desktop at the moment and currently it looks like default behavior is to display an enlarged, blurred version of the game box art in the background. Is there a way I can display just the default grey background instead?

In the options I see:

Visuals->Backgrounds and a blur slider. I can decrease the blur amount and see the background respond appropriately. So far so good.

Visuals->Backgrounds->Default. I see four options: Launchbox Default Background, which is selected, Desktop Wallpaper, Use Blown Up Box Art, and Use Custom Image. The current background image display looks like it should be Blown Up Box Art. But that's not selected. I went ahead and selected it, no change. I went back and selected default background hoping that switch would induce LB to stick with it's, er, default background. No change. Are the two selections actually the same thing?

So if I'm understanding the subtext correctly, the zoomed-in blurred image *is* the default behavior, correct?

Also, what is the location of the grey background? I'm looking for it and can't find it.

Huh. Ok, so the default is the grey background. But selecting a game still uses the blurred box art. I'd like to change that so that highlighting a game doesn't change the background.

Edited by Bedwyr

17 minutes ago, Bedwyr said:

So if I'm understanding the subtext correctly, the zoomed-in blurred image *is* the default behavior, correct?

Also, what is the location of the grey background? I'm looking for it and can't find it.

The background is based on your background priorities, dont want box art uncheck that image type. The default background will only show when a game is not selected, as soon as you click a game you will get art related to it.

The default background i dont believe is user accessible, but can be changed to whatever you want in the settings.