LaunchBox Community Forums

bigbox less fragile?

floodie

Hi guys

Ive noticed a few times when idiots are using my cabinet in bigbox mode - whether it be young kids, impatient adults etc that they are able to do things which i NEVER seem to do. resulting in the need to reset the machine time and time again. I believe the main culprit for this is when you select a game using my 1p Start button if you press it impatiently a few times in a row it just doesnt like it. So it will do 1 of a few things - Either load the game fine, or load the game fine but also another instance in the background causing all kinds of echoy sounds of course.. Or.. load the game but stay on bigbox with the game playing in the background unable to stop it unless you open her up and pop a keyboard and mouse in.

If bigbox could only accept one push of the start button just before launch ( so in the Play game / Favs menu) that would eliminate it and make the front end so much more tougher as it were.

hope i am making sense there

Thanks

Bump - Does anyone have any ideas on this? it must be happening to quite a few people unless every has a "ONLY PRESS START ONCE" sticker on their cabs.... I get the feeling, thinking it through, that it would be very hard to implement as if you locked out after only 1x start button push what if there was an error, youd be stuck... or to be honest, the odds of that happening over many instances loading is FARR less and i would rather deal with the occasional sticking of bigbox. I can guarentee if a child played bigbox it would be broken within a few games due to their impatience and pressing "Start" more than once resulting in many versions of the game loading in the back ground etc

Hi Neil - So, when i went into Bigbox > options > Game start up and ticked the Enable start up - it solved the problem... however it has created a new one on only 2 platforms i have. Taito type x AND my Windows games (MKx / Killer instinct etc) dont load properly 90% of the time.. it seems what is happening is the games are loading BUT bigbox is staying in front of the game..... 

It is absolutely perfect for the problem i had however, in Mame, or any other platform i smash the 1p button and only ever one instance starts up, i just cannot crash the machine its perfect.. However i really need to be able to play TTx and Windows.. how can i stop it for those? any idea?

thank you