LaunchBox Community Forums

Big box not playing start up theme??

ModerateNOOB

Hi.

Took advantage of the black Friday deal and bought a lifetime license (why not when only about half-price), Bear in mind that a completely new to big-box (Maybe i'm doing something completely wrong).

Been messing with set-up for big-box for hours but it seems i have a problem playing a start up theme/Video when i launch big-box the startup theme plays for about a second!! and goes straight to my ps2 library without me pressing any buttons??.

Pretty confused and tried a lot of different things to make it play??

Have a nice day!!

Edited by ModerateNOOB

Just now, ModerateNOOB said:

Hi.

Took advantage of the black Friday deal and bought a lifetime license (why not when only about half-price), Bear in mind that a completely new to big-box (Maybe i'm doing something completely wrong).

Been messing with set-up for big-box for hours but it seems i have a problem playing a start up theme/Video when i launch big-box, When i launch big-box the startup theme plays for about 1 second!! and goes straight to my ps2 library without me pressing any buttons??.

Pretty confused and tried a lot of different things to make it play??

Have a nice day!!

Startup videos will play in there entirety or until you press a button to skip. If its skipping immediately that sounds to me like you have a rogue input sending commands.

10 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Startup videos will play in there entirety or until you press a button to skip. If its skipping immediately that sounds to me like you have a rogue input sending commands.

Hmm!!! are you referring to automatic input commands on my controller???

Sorry!! bit im completely lost on the deep blue when you are suggesting rogue commands, Are we talking virusses???. Pretty sure my pc is not infected with covid-19 in any way.

1 minute ago, ModerateNOOB said:

Hmm!!! are you referring to automatic input commands on my controller???

Yes, like a controller or keyboard, some input device sending a command. Sounds like you have the video in the correct location of Launchbox/Videos/startup as it does start to play, so some sort of input is skipping it.

19 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Yes, like a controller or keyboard, some input device sending a command. Sounds like you have the video in the correct location of Launchbox/Videos/startup as it does start to play, so some sort of input is skipping it.

I have to admit that i don't know much (if anything) about rogue commands??, But wouldn't it keep sending signals about pressing a button?? (And not just a single press), I do not think the answer is that easy.

Tried unplugging my controller (It's wired) and also disabled controller in settings, Sadly still the same same.

Initializing big-box, And then video skips and goes straight to a custom theme for my ps2 library (Strange).

Another issue i'm also having is that there is "NO" background music being played at all!!

There are sounds, But no music on startup or after selecting platforms (dead silent)

Tried to reset the settings by deleting the bigbox setting xml file in the data folder of Launchbox, But it did not make any difference.

I have 2 platforms (Nintendo Entertainment System and PS2), I only have game music for the nintendo system, No background music and no music at all for the PS2 (The music folders are empty except for the music for the nintendo game roms).

Sounds work.

Just now, ModerateNOOB said:

Another issue i'm also having is that there is "NO" background music being played at all!!

There are sounds, But no music on startup or after selecting platforms (dead silent)

There isnt supposed to be any background audio by default (unless a video is playing), you can turn it on in options though if you have some audio.

16 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

There isnt supposed to be any background audio by default (unless a video is playing), you can turn it on in options though if you have some audio.

Ha ha ha, I already did switch it on in options/sound. For some strange reason the music is suddenly working, Deleting the xml also seems to have solved the start up theme playing.

Just thought that the music files would be put into the folders named music in Launchbox,  Strange how issues can solve themselves  while not working to begin with :)