LaunchBox Community Forums

quality of the Media Downloader

Chris Kant

Hi All,

in one of the last new versions of Launchbox the handling for media files were changed. So now we have the chance to save multiple video snaps in that system. unfortunately this creates a lot of mess on my system because every couple of months I highlight ALL games in my launchbox and check download video files. in the past the system was overwrites the current one with the new one. now it will add another video to the one.

is there an option available that the system behaves like in the past, that I only have one Snap per Game or if the system wants to download snaps that it will replace the current snap? best would be, if we can choose that in the options and that the system is checking the file on my PC and in EMUMOvies before download, and if this is the same file than it will skip that. this might makes the whole process for around 33k games a bit faster (my assumption)

today I was able to delete around 2k of videos with around 10Gigs.

same is also for all the Artworks, which is growing and growing (with nearly 280Gigs now).

would be great if @Jason Carr can have a look at it. 

thank you

I can double check, but the Download Metadata and Media tool should not download another video if you already have one of the same type unless you tell it to. I'll verify that that logic is working as intended. That being said, if you tell it to download both Video Snap videos as well as theme videos and you only have one of them it will (and should) download the other type that you were missing.

23 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

I can double check, but the Download Metadata and Media tool should not download another video if you already have one of the same type unless you tell it to. I'll verify that that logic is working as intended. That being said, if you tell it to download both Video Snap videos as well as theme videos and you only have one of them it will (and should) download the other type that you were missing.

I am not receiving a question if I want to overwrite a Snap File.

5020317_Bildschirmfoto2020-12-02um15_07_23.thumb.png.405cd568da51286569e991f86c897c38.png290098088_Bildschirmfoto2020-12-02um15_07_34.thumb.png.89abf314dae835005b9c217c335b4a6d.png692350933_Bildschirmfoto2020-12-02um15_07_45.thumb.png.3a761f60ce069cedc1089f6e935384f6.png498042835_Bildschirmfoto2020-12-02um15_08_53.thumb.png.9191b910fa61a7f2e8d28a4f030de9ce.pngfor bulk meta downloader is the same.

or do you mean that the System is not proposing to download a new video and un-checked that file? this would be not helpful while you are doing downloading media files for multiple games at once because it could get annoying to check every once a while each game if you have more than a handful in your system. what do you think?

Edited by Chris Kant

I am referring specifically to the Download Metadata and Media tool in the Tools dropdown menu of LaunchBox (used to grab media for several games at once). Adding media of any sort via the Add/Edit Game screen doesn't check for duplicates and will pull anything you tell it to, regardless if you have it or not.

this confuses me a lot. in one screen you can have doubles in the other it will check it before and do not download it but before I used the way "download metadata and media tool" for refresh all videos because emu movies are doing sometimes updates.

sorry, but sorting media files in launchbox confuses me and takes too much time. 

whatever, I had many doublets in the system and filtered it out and delete it because SSD Space is limited on my pc ?