LaunchBox Community Forums

Xbox Gamer Pass PC and EA Desktop App

Aevans0001

Would you like the option to add titles from your XBOX Game Pass PC and EA Desktop app?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should @Jason Carr add option to import games from Xbox Game Pass PC and EA Desktop App

• Yes
    • No

Just wanted to put in my suggestion to add the ability to import games from the XBOX gamer pass PC app, as well as the new EA desktop app.  

The EA desktop app is currently in beta and going live on like December 14, this will be the only way to access EA play through your XBOX gamer pass PC.  I have 2 sit down racers and would love to be able to easily add Need for Speed through the app to my Launchbox app.

The xbox Gamer pass app allows you to add games from xbox gamer pc to your pc.  Again with the racer I would love to be able to add the FOrza games easily to my Launchbox app

here is a link to read about the desktop app https://www.ea.com/news/ea-desktop-app

here is a link talking about it coming to game pass pc https://www.ea.com/ea-play/news/ea-play-coming-to-xbox-game-pass and https://indianexpress.com/article/technology/gaming/ea-play-now-available-with-xbox-game-pass-on-console-and-android-7045517/

• Aevans0001 changed the title to Xbox Gamer Pass PC and EA Desktop App
22 hours ago, Aevans0001 said:

The xbox Gamer pass app allows you to add games from xbox gamer pc to your pc.  Again with the racer I would love to be able to add the FOrza games easily to my Launchbox app

You can add these games to LB. In the game pass app right click the game and choose create a shortcut. Thae drag and drop it into LB. Yes, I know you are requesting a version that will import them like the Gog and Steam importers, but just making sure you are aware there is still a way to add them until an importer version can hopefully make it to LB.

Also, if you want to request this as a feature using the Feature Request link located at the top of the forum under the "Help & Support" menu. The voting done there is the voting that Jason looks at. 

• 11 months later...
On 12/6/2020 at 3:23 PM, Retro808 said:

You can add these games to LB. In the game pass app right click the game and choose create a shortcut. Thae drag and drop it into LB. Yes, I know you are requesting a version that will import them like the Gog and Steam importers, but just making sure you are aware there is still a way to add them until an importer version can hopefully make it to LB.

Also, if you want to request this as a feature using the Feature Request link located at the top of the forum under the "Help & Support" menu. The voting done there is the voting that Jason looks at. 

I do not think this works anymore. Just tried.

• 2 months later...
On 11/25/2021 at 8:15 PM, Retro808 said:

What exact steps are you taking?

Just tested with 2 Xbox GamePass games and had no issue adding or launching from LB.

There is no right click option. Perhaps I am doing it in the wrong app. Xbox then I hit Gampass uptop.... I see games. I right click nothing. 

EDIT: I see. To be clear anyone else reading this... this applies to "My Collection" section. Not cloud Gamepass games. You have to download it. I assumed this shortcut was similar to the Stadia shortcuts you can make. 

Edited by Kinglifer