LaunchBox Community Forums

Can I get Launchbox to Delete .chd's with their associated ROMs?

WraithTDK

I'm looking at finally going all-in on MAME. Those .chd files take up SO much space, though. I'm thinking I'll acquire my ROMS and .chd files, and then curate through launchbox, deciding which to keep and which to discard. Can I get LB to delete both the rom AND the .chd file when I decide I don't want a game?

Just now, WraithTDK said:

Can you link me to that? Because the set I found has a massive ton of them totallying have a terabyte. I don't know why anyone would put something like that together if they were gratuitous; but if that is indeed the case, it'd be pretty awesome to only have that many.

The CHD romset contains all disk dumps known, whether the games run in MAME or not. A lot of those simply do not currently work in MAME at all, so are not really needed. Much like the roms themselves to be honest, there are also a ton in that romset that dont currently run in MAME, but are there regardless and will hopefully become compatible in the future.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

The CHD romset contains all disk dumps known, whether the games run in MAME or not. A lot of those simply do not currently work in MAME at all, so are not really needed. Much like the roms themselves to be honest, there are also a ton in that romset that dont currently run in MAME, but are there regardless and will hopefully become compatible in the future.

Interesting. That does make sense. Where can I find a list of the ones that are actually necessary?

1 hour ago, WraithTDK said:

Interesting. That does make sense. Where can I find a list of the ones that are actually necessary?

http://www.progettoemma.net/

On the left side click search tools then go to advance search. You can filter work a lot of fields to get what you need.

To find a quick list of working games that require CHD use the following criteria:

Working Status: "Only Working"

Game Type: "All Machines"

CHD Usage: "Uses CHD"