LaunchBox Community Forums

Nintento Entertainment system wont run any game from launchbox. I use retroarch emulator.

patatas

Double check the actual platform name your NES games are imported to the Nintendo Entertainment System and not some other name.

Also check that your rom path doesn't contain any non English accented characters. We have seen French and Spanish users have this issue in the past, it seems to be a Windows issue not liking to pass that along in the command line.

Have you tried any other platform such as SNES or Sega Genesis ?

Everything seems to appear correct in your screen shot.

I only have Nintento Entertainment System. This is my first attempt, today i download launchbox and retroarch ... follow exactly the steps from introduction tutorial for retroarch. I have only english characters. I will try another platform and i will come back. I install the launchbox in the default location in my c drive and i have make directories for emulators and roms in d drive. Is there a possibility to mess with the paths cause nothing seems triggered my action to load the game. I ll get back when i try a different platform in a while.

Sega genesis works with retroarch. I didnt do something different, the same procedure, only different platform. I notice that underscores _ are included in this one genesis_plus_gx_libretro but in nestopia_libretro there isnt an _ when you expand the list launch with ... is this important?

11.jpg

Edited by patatas

3 hours ago, patatas said:

Sega genesis works with retroarch. I didnt do something different, the same procedure, only different platform. I notice that underscores _ are included in this one genesis_plus_gx_libretro but in nestopia_libretro there isnt an _ when you expand the list launch with ... is this important?

11.jpg

Try and use mesen_libretro core instead and see if that works.

Also make sure you have actually downloaded the cores in RetroArch or it won't work.

You need to set RA up as well as just configuring Launchbox.

Yes, i have setup retroarch. From retroarch the games are running and if you see my initial post the first image the interface of launchbox try to launch the game with nestopialibretro . The interface of the second image in my first post shows that nestopia_libretro is not missing. I do not know how to use mesen_libretro inside launchbox. Its not the default for the launchbox. In the retroarch everything is running. I wonder if the nestopialibretro and nestopia_libretro its just a typo or a an actually bug that wont allow the retroarch to run inside the launchbox

Edited by patatas

4 minutes ago, patatas said:

Yes, i have setup retroarch. From retroarch the games are running and if you see my initial post the first image the interface of launchbox try to launch the game with nestopialibretro . The interface of the second image in my first post shows that nestopia_libretro is not missing. I do not know how to use mesen_libretro inside launchbox. Its not the default for the launchbox. In the retroarch everything is running

The box with the core name in the LB Associated Platform tab is a drop down list. Just click in it and it will bring the list of cores you have downloaded.

If they run in RA and not in LB that usually means a setting issue in LB. Nothing from the images seem off. Your platform is actually called "Nintendo Entertainment System", correct? The name on the Associated Platforms tab must match exactly the name of the platform you imported the games into.

When you right click and edit a game is it in fact pointing to Retroarch as the emulator to launch it?

38 minutes ago, patatas said:

Some screenshots more. I used the mesen_libertro as shown. There are not running inside launchbox. If you notice in my screenshots mesen_lirbretro become mesenlibretro third image ... the typo insist for the underscore

That change in how the name looks when you right click the game does not matter. I have the same setting and it works.

I cannot see the full name of your platform in the Associated Platforms tab. Just double check the spelling. You would not believe how many times a typo in that field was the issue.

I have found the bug. Its me of course. I confused Nintendo entertainment system with super nintento entertainment system. The roms are for snes. The strange thing is that in retroarch worked even having the wrong emulator.

All good sorry for the trouble and thanks all for your time.

• Like 2