LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox doesn't find C64 Archer (Pinhead Games) in DB, is the workaround with developer names in brackets not working anymore?

Z3R0B4NG

My intention was to help out and remove alt names from mainly the entries I had originally submitted with games named the same. I did start with Pinball and some Arcade stuff + Commodore Amiga. I had put the link to the forum on every single one of them as the reason for the removal of the alternative name.

So I guess none of the forum link in the reason field showed up? (I did wonder why someone tried to put the alt names back xD, now it makes more sense if they couldn't see the reason).

I have a suspicion that there might be a bug if you ONLY remove the Alt name on the database and make no other changes at the same time in the metadata - maybe the delete alt name reason field goes always "no reason provided"; if I recall I see reasons about an alt name removal on another field (like default name if it was changed the same time) but not on the remove alternative name reason field itself. But it's a bit hard to test that theory*. Worst would be if it's just random..

*well actually if we could just simply put the forum link to something else than the delete alt name, like an ESRB Field - Not rated or Game type - Released (plenty of those missing). Then we'd know if the problem is the link itself or what I suspect.

Edited by kurzih
  • Thanks 1

Well, i'm glad it's not just me then... i saw a bunch of yours and there was no reason given either.  

But at this point i think we need whoever is responsible for coding that stuff to take a look at this, it surely is easier to figure out what is wrong when you can look at the code.

I guess @Jason Carr or any of the devs who have access to the database code could look at it? (short story = I suspect that when removing an alternative name the reason doesn't get saved to the moderators it just goes "no reason provided"). We tried to link this thread in the reason field after removing the alt name, but it seems that none of the text/link to the forum we typed in the (delete alternate name) reason field gets shown.. and some moderators are confused since that used to be part of the working workaround with duplicate names on the same platform, but now the alternative name messes up the search if it is also identical/duplicate.

Right now someone on the database is again trying to put those problematic duplicate alt names back that you just removed in the C64 section. Lets hope it's someone kind enough to go undo what they are doing themselves instead of you or someone else going through everything again..

Edited by kurzih
  • Thanks 1