LaunchBox Community Forums

Unforgivably slow scanning an downloading

Tdchewy

I have lifetime membership for both launchbox and emumovies. There is absolutely no reason it should be going on 3 days now still downloading. Why? What did I pay for? I have PLENTY of bandwidth, so that's not the issue and I remember it taking forever that last time I did this a few years back. What's the deal? These are small mp3 and png files. Inexcusable

I appreciate the reply, but this cannot be the case as I mentioned, I did this a few years ago with the same result on a different ISP in a different state. Also, every other website/internet app works just fine. This is not the reason. The problem is not on my end. Edit: I'm trying on VPN now, will report back with results. Result: no difference.  disappointed. thanks for trying to help

Edited by Tdchewy

1 hour ago, Tdchewy said:

I appreciate the reply, but this cannot be the case as I mentioned, I did this a few years ago with the same result on a different ISP in a different state. Also, every other website/internet app works just fine. This is not the reason. The problem is not on my end. Edit: I'm trying on VPN now, will report back with results. Result: no difference.  disappointed. thanks for trying to help

OK.

17 hours ago, Tdchewy said:

Did you actually check to see? The user in the post I linked knew for a fact it was not his connection....and how did that turn out? I am not saying it cannot possibly be a LB thing, but  rarely do US residents suffer download issues from LB DB site that is not attributed to something on the users end. We have had Comcast reports and someone even had an issue with throttling from Tmobile internet. It helps on the LB end to know for sure the user tried known steps that helped other users.

I would say if  you are doing mass downloads uncheck the option for removing rough matches. This can make downloads slow since it compares each image.

9 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Did you actually check to see? The user in the post I linked knew for a fact it was not his connection....and how did that turn out? I am not saying it cannot possibly be a LB thing, but  rarely do US residents suffer download issues from LB DB site that is not attributed to something on the users end. We have had Comcast reports and someone even had an issue with throttling from Tmobile internet. It helps on the LB end to know for sure the user tried known steps that helped other users.

I would say if  you are doing mass downloads uncheck the option for removing rough matches. This can make downloads slow since it compares each image.

Did I actually check? no, I love wasting my time and yours. Of course I checked (PIA VPN from Vancouver for the record), otherwise I wouldn't have said it. If this is a known issue, then it's on you guys to resolve the issue, not me. I'll have to deal with your "known issue". No other sites or downloads have this issue for me, so I am absolutely certain it's not on my end. You have even acknowledged that you are being throttled, not me. Either way, if there is no real solution, you can stop replying.

Edited by Tdchewy
clarification

4 hours ago, Tdchewy said:

Did I actually check? no, I love wasting my time and yours. Of course I checked (PIA VPN from Vancouver for the record), otherwise I wouldn't have said it.

I asked a simple question. I did not need any sarcastic response. I was polite in my responses trying to help. You did not say you did anything from the other post. All you simply said was "I appreciate the reply, but this cannot be the case as I mentioned,...". Nothing in your prior post said anything like "Thanks I did look at that and tried what they mentioned and it made no difference". Something like that would have been helpful. The user in that thread said VPN showed a speed difference it was a setting in his router that was causing the issue. I never said it is a known issue. I said "tried known steps". Did you check that setting he mentioned?

Not sure why you have to have such a bad attitude to someone trying to help. So hopefully someone else is willing to try and help. I’m no longer willing. 

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

I asked a simple question. I did not need any sarcastic response. I was polite in my responses trying to help. You did not say you did anything from the other post. All you simply said was "I appreciate the reply, but this cannot be the case as I mentioned,...". Nothing in your prior post said anything like "Thanks I did look at that and tried what they mentioned and it made no difference". Something like that would have been helpful. The user in that thread said VPN showed a speed difference it was a setting in his router that was causing the issue. Did you check that setting he mentioned?

Not sure why you have to have such a bad attitude to someone trying to help. So hopefully someone else is willing to try and help. I’m no longer willing. 

I had stated that I had tried VPN as suggested, you responded with "did you really try it?" implying that I had lied for some reason, so yes I replied with sarcasm. I'm not here to argue. delete this thread if you like. I'll deal with the slowness

1 hour ago, Tdchewy said:

I had stated that I had tried VPN as suggested, you responded with "did you really try it?" implying that I had lied for some reason, so yes I replied with sarcasm. I'm not here to argue. delete this thread if you like. I'll deal with the slowness

Below is your exact quote...you did not say you "tried VPN as suggested" you did say "I did this"...Did what? You tried a year ago what the other user only discovered this year was his problem? The users fix was a Comcast modem setting. Not to try VPN. Like I said you did not provide anything you actually tried. If you would have just stated with more clarity and less attitude it would probably been more helpful.  You are arguing and being rude about things when people are trying to help and being polite about it. Not once did I speak down to you or even speak negatively of you. I asked a simple question of you to confirm if you actually changed the modem setting change. So on your request I will lock this thread. It will not get deleted as it is useful information for all to see. 

On 12/25/2020 at 2:23 PM, Tdchewy said:

• Like 1
  • The Cake is a Lie 1