LaunchBox Community Forums

About migrating all my emulators and roms to another hd

ReignerDeustcher

I want to put all the roms and emulators to a new ssd i bought so i want to know if the option ''change folder path for selected games'' works also for ps1 games (wich have 2 files, bin and cue), switch games (uses one file of a bunch), dreamcast (gdi and bins) or if i will need to re add manually all this platforms 

Also only changing the path of the application in ''tools/manage emulators'' is enough for all the emulators?

Edited by ReignerDeustcher

9 hours ago, ReignerDeustcher said:

I want to put all the roms and emulators to a new ssd i bought so i want to know if the option ''change folder path for selected games'' works also for ps1 games (wich have 2 files, bin and cue), switch games (uses one file of a bunch), dreamcast (gdi and bins) or if i will need to re add manually all this platforms

Yes this works for those systems. You will be selecting the new folder the roms will reside in. So as long as what is inside the existing folder matches the new folder it will update each game.

9 hours ago, ReignerDeustcher said:

Also only changing the path of the application in ''tools/manage emulators'' is enough for all the emulators?

Yes, that is the only option from within the UI to update emulator paths.