LaunchBox Community Forums

SNES Config through Retroarch for Shaders

pozzie77

Hi i've recently followed the guide to install SNES ROMs through Retroarch  (Emulating the SNES tutorial) - and it worked well using the balanced core !! Although I skipped the config element. I now want to play with shaders so i have gone back to follow the tutorial...

I know that since the tutorial that launchbox has since been updated, so I couldn't completely follow the steps. I therefore placed the config file reference into the 'extra command line parameters". This appeared to work ok for the shaders I set ( they look great) but on starting the game it opens in a separate window and I lost control settings for my joystick.... If I delete the config its back to normal game opens in big box but shaders not applied... I don't think I touched any other settings...

I assume that I need to copy or change other settings in retroarch .... but would welcome any thoughts...

I don't know which video you were specifically following, but you do not need to use custom extra commands for shaders with Retroarch.

Just start you game, bring up the Retroarch quick menu and go into the Shaders option and pick the one you want. You should also see an option to save the shader, per core, per directory, or for that game only. Pick the one that works best for you and it should auto load every time.