LaunchBox Community Forums

Commodore Amiga CD (Redump) - How to scrape?

SiriusVI

Hey everyone,

Redump lists rom sets for Commodore Amiga CD32, Commodore Amiga CD & Commodore Amiga CDTV. Launchbox has default platforms for  Commodore Amiga CD32 & Commodore Amiga CDTV, but not Commodore Amiga CD.

So I wonder which platform I should use for scraping Commodore Amiga CD. Should I use the regular Commodore Amiga Computer Platform or the Commodore Amiga CD32 Platform?

I'm not really sure what Commodore Amiga CD is supposed to be anyway. I tried finding info about it online, but I didn't find anything useful.

Edited by SiriusVI

On 1/6/2021 at 6:16 PM, SiriusVI said:

I'm not really sure what Commodore Amiga CD is supposed to be anyway. I tried finding info about it online, but I didn't find anything useful.

It's not a separate platform. It's really simply put an Amiga (computer) with a CD-ROM drive :). Used to have one on my A4000/030.
Probably the list of Amiga CD games are later games that were not Amiga CD32 compatible but required a higher-end Amiga Computer with a CD-ROM drive. And yes, they should be found/put under "Commodore Amiga", I've added a few CD-only games there myself.

Originally Amiga computers came with a 3.5-inch floppy disk/diskette drive before HD's and CDs.

The Amiga CD32 is basically a console version of the Amiga 1200 that came with a CD drive by default and it's own Akiko Chip and had it's own CD(32)-based games.

Edited by kurzih

33 minutes ago, kurzih said:

It's not a separate platform. It's really simply put an Amiga (computer) with a CD-ROM drive :). Used to have one on my A4000/030.

Originally Amiga computers came with a 3.5-inch floppy disk/diskette drive before HD's and CDs.

The Amiga CD32 is basically a console version of the Amiga 1200 that came with a CD drive by default and it's own Akiko Chip and had it's own CD(32)-based games.

Thanks so much for the clarification. I imagined it being like that but didn't find any clear confirmation online. It's clear to me now. ?