LaunchBox Community Forums

Deleting games and files within Launchbox ??

J2chulo

Hello everybody I'm still new to LaunchBox/BigBox. For the most part I being able to get Launchbox running. I am still in the process of adding Emulators and games but I am having a little problem. I being adding individuals files rom but today I decided to just add folder which contain hundreds and even thousand files. The problem is I don't want all those games, also a lots of them doesn't have 3d images and I want to delete them all. So the way I being doing it is selecting all the games I dont want, right clicking and deleting them. The problem is when I go to the folder the roms files still there, Launchbox does not delete the actual file. Is there a way that when you delete the game from launchbox it also get delete from the folder? I now Plex Media when you delete a movie it also delete the file from the folder. I do't want to have thousands file in my computer if I don't need them. Also what happen with all the images/videos and media that launchbox download when you do the scraped ? do they all get delete when you delete a game?

2 hours ago, J2chulo said:

Is there a way that when you delete the game from launchbox it also get delete from the folder?

Tools.   Options.image.thumb.png.4659d42c1dd12dd7694db4ef64cd38ee.png

2 hours ago, J2chulo said:

what happen with all the images/videos and media that launchbox download when you do the scraped ? do they all get delete when you delete a game?

They do not get deleted when deleting a game.  Easy fix though....   Tools.  "Clean Up Media..."image.png.576bb07634fca39cbc90f5e675d27214.pngIt'll scan your media (images, videos etc) for ones that are no longer associated with a game in your LaunchBox setup.  

• Thanks 3

15 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

They do not get deleted when deleting a game.  Easy fix though....   Tools.  "Clean Up Media..."image.png.576bb07634fca39cbc90f5e675d27214.pngIt'll scan your media (images, videos etc) for ones that are no longer associated with a game in your LaunchBox setup.  

Thanks you so much. I appreciate your help

• Game On 1

• 3 years later...
On 1/7/2021 at 7:32 PM, JoeViking245 said:

I know this is a super old post, but this "Allow deleting ROMs when deleting games" option no long appears to work in version 13.11.   The delete from launchbox, but the files (roms) are still there.

13 minutes ago, Fursphere said:

I know this is a super old post, but this "Allow deleting ROMs when deleting games" option no long appears to work in version 13.11.   The delete from launchbox, but the files (roms) are still there.

What platform are you attempting to do this on and what are the ROM file types?  (.zip, .cue, .chd....)

Are you getting the prompt after 'Delete game from LaunchBox...' asking (something like) 'Do you wish to delete the ROM file also?'?  It should also state the warning that 'this is permanent and cannot be undone'.

11 hours ago, Fursphere said:

Microsoft Xbox.  ISO files.   No, not getting the second prompt "do you wish to the delete the rom file also"

With the "Allow Deleting ROMs..." box checked, you should, after clicking Yes in the 1st prompt ("Are you sure you wish to permanently delete..."), get the 2nd prompt to delete the ROM:

image.png.0a61fdbe946d0fd03390de946e0eb206.png

Just verified it is working (13.11).  (Here, at least.)   I doubt that part of the code has been changed with recent updates. But can't say for certain.

Not to be repetitive but do make sure the box is checked and try again.  If it's still not appearing, at the top of this page click Help & Support then Report a Bug

Assuming everything else in LaunchBox is working as it should, I'm not sure reinstalling LaunchBox [over your existing install] will resolve it.  But is always a possibility.  Especially if the issue started with a recent LB update on your system.

Do the ROM files need to be inside the launchbox folder for this to work?   Mine are outside.

D:\launchbox

D:\roms\xbox

I was building a 'racer' game list for my driving cabinets, and was using the genre sort in launchbox to basically filter out anything that wasn't a racer game.  I got it done using the "export game files" feature in the tools menu to copy over the specific game list to another folder eventually. 

26 minutes ago, Fursphere said:

Do the ROM files need to be inside the launchbox folder for this to work? 

No.  As long as the path to the ROM is the/path/to/the/ROM.ext (either relative or absolute).  But that 2nd prompt should still show. Even if it then shows a 3rd one saying 'file cannot be found'.

I did find that you can't remove a game from LB via a Playlist View (w/auto populated playlists). Let alone, remove the ROM.

image.png.a3ddfc50a1fde8d7b900373b384a1ea7.png

But that's not related to your situation.