LaunchBox Community Forums

FeranosTR

Hello everyone,

I'm struggling with an issue that seems very strange. So I'm using Launchbox as my frontend for multiple platforms and MS-Dos is one of them. However I wasn't getting any sound on DOSBox that was built-in Launchbox. So I've tried to troubleshoot the problem and recently installed DOSBox SVN Daum to my Launchbox folder. I've had no sound at the beginning but began to notice something strange. There were 2 exe files within DOSBox SVN Daum; 1 named as "DOSBox.exe" the other as "DOSBox_x64.exe". To my surprise the sound worked when using DOSBox_x64.exe but the problem is that when I rename the file to DOSBox.exe to implement it into Launchbox, the sound immediately stops working.

So I don't know how but the problem seems to be is that "DOSBox.exe" files dont work with sound. But I want to use Launchbox when playing MS-Dos games. Is there a solution for this?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see how a changed executable name would cause sound to stop working, but here's something to try.

Right click on a DOS game and go to the dosbox section in the window that opens. In this section you should see and option to pick a specific version of DOSBox. Pick DOSBOX_x64.exe. Test and report if the problem persists.