LaunchBox Community Forums

Pixelcade Issue

moudrost

I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction or have an answer to an issue with my new Pixelcade LED marquee. For the most part, everything works perfectly. The marquee changes as I scroll through BigBox. Most of the time however, whenever I choose to play a game, a message appears as the game is loading "Now Playing Q Bert". The thing is, I am never playing Qbert. Is this message coming from BigBox? Pixelcade? LEDBlinky? After the message appears, the marquee displays normally. Maybe there is a way to disable this message if it can't be corrected?

I may have this solved. I reached out to Pixelcade and was informed this value is getting set by LEDBlinky.

image.thumb.png.c16ba19436c91628f347857c2d4f849f.png

They said they have heard of this before and thought it might be related to the MAME XML. Within the above app I went to the MAME tab and browsed for the XML and saved the configuration file and rebooted. Tested 5 games and all 5 displayed the correct message. To answer your questions, I'm still using 226 and am only using MAME on my arcade cabinet at this time.

7 hours ago, moudrost said:

I may have this solved. I reached out to Pixelcade and was informed this value is getting set by LEDBlinky.

image.thumb.png.c16ba19436c91628f347857c2d4f849f.png

They said they have heard of this before and thought it might be related to the MAME XML. Within the above app I went to the MAME tab and browsed for the XML and saved the configuration file and rebooted. Tested 5 games and all 5 displayed the correct message. To answer your questions, I'm still using 226 and am only using MAME on my arcade cabinet at this time.

Hi

Sorry if this is slightly off topic but I was considering of getting the pixelcade marquee and just wanted to know your opinion of it and how well it works with launchbox

Thanks

Edited by Napalm2016

On 1/22/2021 at 6:24 PM, moudrost said:

I was a bit skeptical, however the thing just works. I purchased the additional art pack Pixelcade provides and highly recommend it. Other than checking a couple of boxes and browsing for some files, there isn't much else to do.

20210122_091101.thumb.jpg.a24141ffa87d86661669f37d8117dfd1.jpg

Thanks for that looks good