LaunchBox Community Forums

version selection

RetroFanZ

Hi all!
I am currently making playlists. I would like to be able to make a playlist in a playlist.
let me explain.
Take for example a street fighter playlist if I take my current collection I have 4 or 5 street fighter alpha 3 I would like to be able to select a single street fighter alpha 3 Logo but that brings me to another play list offers all SFA3 that I have.
I don't know if it's complicated but it can do a really nice thing.

or choose on launch:)

ok here is my plan

Category sega saturn

plateform - Sega saturn US     Sega saturn JAP        Sega saturn EU        Genre        Retroachievements (at this point genre and retroachievements are playlist)          

under genre i want add play list per genre (shoot,sports etc...)

i've tried to do that but i can't add sport play list to genre play list.

maybe i miss something let me know;)

ok i've allready test 

01.thumb.png.603255e3633973684aa9a89926e0e5fa.pngfirst i create a genre playslist under my sega saturn complete category. uncheck root and check sega saturn complete

02.thumb.png.17d6d9a21329bae8faf52b6f4ddf57b4.pngthen i creat a playlist under my genre playlist.

03.thumb.png.d5e75daf2a0cfce2481f25dd22bae1ab.pngsports

04.thumb.png.96f2ba740310f41e5110ac9c8e6a3b5f.pngbut as you can see i can't check my genre playslist in the parent selection

Sega saturn complete                     (Category Plateform)

Sega Saturn Usa        (Plateform)

Sega Saturn Japan     (Plateform)

Sega Saturn europe  (Plateform)

Genre                           (Playlist)

Sports                 (Playlist)

3D Baseball (Game)

USA (Version)

Japan (Version)

So I had forgotten that you can't add anything underneath playlists. This has been a restriction for a long time, that I just forgot about. I think there were performance and caching implications there, which is why we specifically don't allow that. I've put it on our list of items to tackle, but we'll need to do some significant testing when we put it in, so it might be a while.

In the mean time, the best option is to just use categories instead of playlists whenever you need to nest something.

Thank you for your return. I was afraid of not having understood you and therefore of being a little annoying unnecessarily.
But all's well that ends well. I'm mainly a big box user so too bad for me! .Thank you again!
One last request and I stop lol.
would it be possible in the future to be able to choose the version at launch?

I explain to myself like the user creating a playlist and when launching on the startup screen he can choose which version he wants to launch? USA, Jap, Euro
Or other.
Thanks for paying attention to this post and thanks for the work!

2 minutes ago, RetroFanZ said:

Thank you for your return. I was afraid of not having understood you and therefore of being a little annoying unnecessarily.
But all's well that ends well. I'm mainly a big box user so too bad for me! .Thank you again!
One last request and I stop lol.
would it be possible in the future to be able to choose the version at launch?

I explain to myself like the user creating a playlist and when launching on the startup screen he can choose which version he wants to launch? USA, Jap, Euro
Or other.
Thanks for paying attention to this post and thanks for the work!

This is already possible, though not through the startup screen. Different versions are added as additional applications. So you can choose which version to launch by choosing Additional Apps/Versions in the game details menu in Big Box, or in the right-click menu in LaunchBox.