LaunchBox Community Forums

Automatic update download freezes just before end everytime

Rod

Hi,

@Jason Carr

Since a number of versions when a new release it out and I get the message an update is available I click on download and then the download bar in the launchbox window goes to something like 90% and then it stops. This has been happening for a number of releases now, it will just freeze there and do nothing anymore. I've been downloading the updates from the website instead to make a clean install everytime. But it's a slight annoyance. The automatic update feature used to work flawlessly. I have the idea that the issue started occuring somewhere with the 11.x releases. So also just now with the 11.9 release it blocked again at 90% download.

My update setting is set to only update to official version (not beta) and don't download in the background.

Is there anything I can do to resolve the issue?

Edited by Rod

7 minutes ago, Rod said:

Hi,

@Jason Carr

Since a number of versions when a new release it out and I get the message an update is available I click on download and then the download bar in the launchbox window goes to something like 90% and then it stops. This has been happening for a number of releases now, it will just freeze there and do nothing anymore. I've been downloading the updates from the website instead to make a clean install everytime. But it's a slight annoyance. The automatic update feature used to work flawlessly. I have the idea that the issue started occuring somewhere with the 11.x releases. So also just now with the 11.9 release it blocked again at 90% download.

My update setting is set to only update to official version (not beta) and don't download in the background.

Is there anything I can do to resolve the issue?

Ill let Jason be a bit more diagnostic here as he obviously knows the code, but it sounds more like a firewall/antivirus issue to me. Its getting so far before its blocked from internet/quarantined by AV. Its not a issue i have seen come up before that i recall so does sound limited to your specific system. Are you running any third party firewall or AV tools at all?

7 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Ill let Jason be a bit more diagnostic here as he obviously knows the code, but it sounds more like a firewall/antivirus issue to me. Its getting so far before its blocked from internet/quarantined by AV. Its not a issue i have seen come up before that i recall so does sound limited to your specific system. Are you running any third party firewall or AV tools at all?

This is possible. I've never heard of the download process getting that far and then just giving up every time. So I guess this is my best guess as well.