LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing ROMs changed?

HapHzrd

Has something changed with the way ROMs import with the latest update?

When importing a set, it no longer imports all variants of a ROM...

example: It will import Aero Blasters (Japan).zip, but it won't import Aero Blasters (USA).zip.

It use to do this fine for me... not sure what has changed.

In this example, here is my "Ready to Import" screen from the Import Wizard.

Even though it shows all these to be imported... it will only import the first instance (Japan) of Aero Blasters and Alien Crush... not the second.

It's driving me crazy.  Nothing in what I am doing has changed, except for the update to 11.9.

Any ideas of what my problem is?

Example.PNG

2 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

if you right click the game in question is the other one listed under the additional apps most likely LB is combining the ROMs

@DOS76 Thanks for the response, but I can confirm that it is not combining the ROMs.

The ROM count it reports after import is lower, and the directory does not contain the ROMs (I have it copy over to the ROMs directory).

It's all very strange.  I have been using LB for years, and this is the first time I am seeing this behavior.

In this specific case, at least according to your image this is "Turbografx 16", well Japanese Turbografx games are actually "PC Engine" games and not Turbografx, so that may or may not be a issue here, you are trying to import for the wrong system. Try importing the Japanese games to a "PC Engine" platform and see if that works.