LaunchBox Community Forums

pS3 Game roms Support in Launchbox

*D1sk*

Hello everyone I use the emulator to play all my PS3 games. https://rpcs3.net/
The emulator does a wonderful job. There is a list of all the ps3 games that are playable and which ones are still causing problems. https://rpcs3.net/compatibility?s=1&c=d&p=4
I tried to copy the ps3 games into launchbox and run them through the ps3 emulator. Unfortunately this does not work. The games are imported but not recognized because the executable file is usually named "PS3_DISC.SFB". It would be a great featcher if you could also import ps3 games link the emulator and start them that way.

LaunchBox_2021-02-05_16-10-12.thumb.jpg.fc9eb0decb3ea7de03d635be637c8d0b.jpgLaunchBox_2021-02-05_16-14-10.thumb.jpg.2e6a1686ca931973dd90008ec362fe80.jpg

Just now, *D1sk* said:

Hello everyone I use the emulator to play all my PS3 games. https://rpcs3.net/
The emulator does a wonderful job. There is a list of all the ps3 games that are playable and which ones are still causing problems. https://rpcs3.net/compatibility?s=1&c=d&p=4
I tried to copy the ps3 games into launchbox and run them through the ps3 emulator. Unfortunately this does not work. The games are imported but not recognized because the executable file is usually named "PS3_DISC.SFB". It would be a great featcher if you could also import ps3 games link the emulator and start them that way.

LaunchBox_2021-02-05_16-10-12.thumb.jpg.fc9eb0decb3ea7de03d635be637c8d0b.jpgLaunchBox_2021-02-05_16-14-10.thumb.jpg.2e6a1686ca931973dd90008ec362fe80.jpg

PS3 works just fine from Launchbox, you need to import the eboot files.

PS3 (Eboot.bin) bulk importer - Third-Party Applications and Plugins (Development and Beta Testing) - LaunchBox Community Forums (launchbox-app.com)

4 hours ago, neil9000 said:

I know this method and it doesn't really work for me. I have all the settings as in the video on page 2 and still can not launch ps3 from the launchbox. And as the link from you says it is a thirtpartyplugin.
I wish that this is built as an official featcher where eta Prime then also makes a video etc. This way of you is rather what for technology friends but not for the average user.

22 minutes ago, *D1sk* said:

I know this method and it doesn't really work for me. I have all the settings as in the video on page 2 and still can not launch ps3 from the launchbox. And as the link from you says it is a thirtpartyplugin.
I wish that this is built as an official featcher where eta Prime then also makes a video etc. This way of you is rather what for technology friends but not for the average user.

It is a feature, Launchbox is file agnostic, it will import the files you tell it to. You just need to drag and drop the eboot.bin to Launchbox and then rename it in the import wizard to the correct game name (which is what the plugin does for you i believe). As i stated in my first reply it is the eboot.bin that needs importing, you imported some .SFB file, that's not the eboot,bin, this is why games do not launch from Launchbox. If you add the correct file it will load just fine.

PS3_DISC.SFB is not the executable, just a file containing metadata for Bluray games. The executable of every PS3 game is named EBOOT.BIN (and is located inside the \PS3_GAME\USRDIR\ folder of the game Bluray's root directory), that's what you need to import.

To add PS3 games, Find the EBOOT.BIN inside the game's disc dump folder, drag and drop it into LaunchBox, then in the last window of the import wizard rename it to its proper name and you're done.

If you have a digital version of the game and have trouble finding the EBOOT.BIN. you can find the folder in the context menu of the game on the RPCS3's game list (right click and select Open Install Folder).

Edited by Suhrvivor
  • Thanks 1