LaunchBox Community Forums

PS3 (Eboot.bin) bulk importer

This will bulk import ps3 game eboots in LB.

Requirements - At least 1 game already imported into playstation 3 platform.

Note - this modifies your playstation 3 xml file so as always make a backup before using. "Launchbox\Data\Platforms\Sony Playstation 3.xml"

How to use: 

If you used the previous version, delete it.

Download this: PS3GameImporter.zip

Right click on zip file. Properties, security, unblock.

Extract the FOLDER named "PS3GameImporter" to "Launchbox\Plugins\".

Start LB, tools, import ps3 game.

1.thumb.png.7679debcda8c41de20b1a10a1723db1f.pngSelect a directory to search.

2.thumb.png.b043593d162946412f8df39415307004.pngChoose if you want to scrape region.

Note: some games might not scrape the region. This is true for pkg ps1 games.

3.thumb.png.b657f2b45f4f12a09221e66a92b1e2e6.pngChoose if you want to scrape images. The images that will scrape are the images found within the ps3 rom folders. They start with "ICON" and "PIC". Some of these images can be used for clear logo and fanart. The images will be copied to Launchbox/Plugins/PS3GameImporter/Icon or Launchbox/Plugins/PS3GameImporter/Pic and renamed to the game title so they will be usable in LB. The images are not imported straight into LB because there is no way to tell if the images are usable for logo's or fanart.

My recommendation for scraping these images is to first import your games with no images (Select "None"). Use launchbox to then download logos and fanart. And then use this plugin to import the games again selecting "All Games Missing Images" option.

When games have been imported, they may not show up til you change platform and change back to playstation 3.

Use LB's bulk editor to change emulator.

To import psn games, point the importer to rpcs3's "dev_hdd0\game" folder.

This uses code from xXxTheDarkprogramerxXx PARAM.SFO editor.

Source included in zip.

Edited by jayjay
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Unusual Gem 1

worked a treat!  Only request I have, and boy is it a minor one (dont hate me for being ocd) is to add an icon to the context menu for importing ps3 games.   Just so it looks nicer :)

One thing to note/mention, if you use the manage>virtual file system to move the hdd0 to the same location as you have your games, selecting the root directory hits all the pkg games and disc games in one go.  

As i was doing it I was concerned, but concerns were unfounded.   

I actually have a !RPCS3 folder (so its at the top) which houses all the virtual file system stuff from rpcs3 (dev_hdd0 and hdd1) then outside the !RPCS3 folder are all my disc titles in their respective folders.

It dove down through the !RPCS3 directory, through the hdd0 directory, and into the individual games - as well as the disc games all in one go.

perfection.  Thank goodness for guys like you :)  Now if we only had a means to do this for WiiU :P at least thats a smaller library by magnitudes.

I wonder if this would handle Vita stuff.  Doubt it as i dont "think" that uses eboot, but i might be wrong.  About to revisit that sometime today.

Edited by klepp0906
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, klepp0906 said:

worked a treat!  Only request I have, and boy is it a minor one (dont hate me for being ocd) is to add an icon to the context menu for importing ps3 games.   Just so it looks nicer :)

Haha ok if u find me an icon to use by the weekend I'll update it. 

I don't know anything about the ps vita. If the vita game has the same ish folder structure as ps3. And if it contains a param.sfo and an eboot.bin. move a single vita game into it's own directory and see if this importer works on it. Obviously If it does work It'll add it to the ps3 platform. If the param.sfo editor class i used doesnt read it, it might throw exception but won't do anything drastic. 

If anyone wants to modify the code feel free, if u can understand my code ha. For instance if a game Id starts with BLUS it's American, BLES it's European etc. The game database website has ps3 id's so it could be turned into a scraper as well. 

yea it has a similar'ish folder structure.  and they do have an eboot.bin (even though thats not how vita3k launches the games, actually launches from the gamefolder itself aka PCSE00261) also has a param.sfo.

Will give it a test at some point.  Would be no good if it imported to the ps3 platform anyhow as cleaning that out would potentially be a mess :P Still, would let ya know if it worked persay.

As for modifying the code - i wish.   Programming wasnt in the cards for me.  Will be taking it to my grave as one of my bigger regrets but i digress.  They say its never too late, but tell me that with 2 toddlers hanging from the fans lol.

Anyways, as for the icon - does it need to be like... an .ico file, or a specific reso or?  

Edited by klepp0906

7 minutes ago, klepp0906 said:

Anyways, as for the icon - does it need to be like... an .ico file, or a specific reso or?  

I don't think it actually matters. Im not sure. Its possible to convert png etc to ico anyway isnt it? 

I saw ur message on discord and I don't think it will work. I think the folder structure will be slightly different. I'll have a look at weekend. All depends on if thedarkprogrammer's code works on the param file. I'm not that good at coding.

Removing the eboot.bin from the path will be simple enough so just to import the folder name.

ha, found the happy medium.   You can pick.  Here's a half a dozen to choose from.  Various incarnations of the ps3 from various angles etc.  Unless something generic is more your speed.  Also a simple PS3 logo (might look best/be most easily identified).  Anything is better than nothing imo lol.

PS3ICO.zip

since im a beggar who thinks he can be a chooser - when you do that wee lil update, if its not a lot of work - and you dont mind the change... updating it from Import Ps3 Games to Import PS3 Games would be cool too.   Im a OCD perfectionist who takes far too much pride in this sort of thing.   Obviously ?

Edited by klepp0906
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jayjay said:

OP updated.

@klepp0906 the param.sfo class works on vita games. I dont have enough time to code anything now so will give it a proper look next weekend.

awesome update :) and please - take your time on the vita plugin, if its anything like the PS3 one, its gonna be a legitimate godsend to the community.

Appreciate this a ton

EDIT:  I assume/it appears the new version doesnt require an initial manual import of 1 game or does that requirement still stand?

Edited by klepp0906

Yeah 1 imported game is still required. I might change it next weekend depending on how much spare time I have. Importing 1 game and changing the emulator only takes a second so Iv  only focused on the stuff that would take hours of manual work. 

Edited by jayjay

21 hours ago, jayjay said:

Yeah 1 imported game is still required. I might change it next weekend depending on how much spare time I have. Importing 1 game and changing the emulator only takes a second so Iv  only focused on the stuff that would take hours of manual work. 

nope. totally understandable.   of course from that "finished" perspective - and for new users that miss the vid or w/e to save everyone trouble, if thats fixable - probably worth doing at some point.

still - huge boon.  Nuff cant be said, as it sits it makes a very unappealing/unreasonable job ezpz.  Especially after the update it practically funcctions like it was baked in more or less.  

Props on adding the region stuff too :) 

ill be watching this thread like a hawk from now on lol :P

@Jason Carr 

The only way I have found to show new imported games is to change to another platform and back again.

And the only way I have found to show a new platform is to change from the platform view to say platform category view and back again.

After using AddNewGame() or AddNewPlatform() is there a method to refresh LB to automatically show the new games and platforms? 

Edited by jayjay

On 10/13/2019 at 5:32 AM, jayjay said:

@Jason Carr 

The only way I have found to show new imported games is to change to another platform and back again.

And the only way I have found to show a new platform is to change from the platform view to say platform category view and back again.

After using AddNewGame() or AddNewPlatform() is there a method to refresh LB to automatically show the new games and platforms? 

Looking at the plugin code, I'm not finding an obvious way. I just added a RefreshData method to ILaunchBoxMainViewModel; that will be available once the next beta comes out. It might be a bit before that beta is released though. :)

• Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

• 1 month later...

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

What specifically are you looking to do?

Let's say I have a PS3 game in an uncompressed folder that I currently open with RPCS3. I would like to compress the folder with 7z, and upon clicking the game in LaunchBox, I would like LaunchBox to extract the 7z archive to a temp file location on C drive, and for RPCS3 to open the file from there.

Thanks!!

Edited by slagfart

7 minutes ago, slagfart said:

Let's say I have a PS3 game in an uncompressed folder that I currently open with RPCS3. I would like to compress the folder with 7z, and upon clicking the game in LaunchBox, I would like LaunchBox to extract the 7z archive to a temp file location on C drive, and for RPCS3 to open the file from there.

Thanks!!

I see. What file from the archive is it supposed to open on startup?

5 hours ago, slagfart said:

Yep. Any ideas?

use rocketlauncher if you want to do the thing you described.

When LaunchBox extracts the zip it seems to be looking for the wrong folder/file?

What it tries to load:
Path: F:/LaunchBox/7-Zip/Temp/PS3_GAME/TROPDIR/
Path: F:/LaunchBox/7-Zip/Temp/PS3_UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

What it should load depending on the type of game:
Path: F:/LaunchBox/7-Zip/Temp/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN
Path: F:/LaunchBox/7-Zip/Temp/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN

Edited by wallmachine
  • Like 1