LaunchBox Community Forums

Deleted games reappearing (Solved)

rfj831@gmail.com

I tried posting this on Reddit but I haven't gotten any responses yet. I don't know how to navigate these forums very well and I just can't seem to find any help for my problem. I'm sorry if the answer to this is obvious but I just don't know what else to do. There are several games in my Library that I don't want. But, when I deleted them from the launchbox they would just reappear. I even went into my files and deleted the actual roms. They still reappear everytime I open launchbox. I'm absolutely baffled and can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. I even tried to mark them as hidden and broken and they still show back up everytime. It's annoying. Can anybody explain to me why this is happening or what I can do to fix it permanently? I've deleted these games from my library dozens of times I feel like I'm going crazy

18 minutes ago, rfj831@gmail.com said:

I tried posting this on Reddit but I haven't gotten any responses yet. I don't know how to navigate these forums very well and I just can't seem to find any help for my problem. I'm sorry if the answer to this is obvious but I just don't know what else to do. There are several games in my Library that I don't want. But, when I deleted them from the launchbox they would just reappear. I even went into my files and deleted the actual roms. They still reappear everytime I open launchbox. I'm absolutely baffled and can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. I even tried to mark them as hidden and broken and they still show back up everytime. It's annoying. Can anybody explain to me why this is happening or what I can do to fix it permanently? I've deleted these games from my library dozens of times I feel like I'm going crazy

My guess is you have some platform backups in your Launchbox/Data/Platforms folder. You can not store any other files here than what is actually being used, do you have any backup files for platforms here?

13 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

My guess is you have some platform backups in your Launchbox/Data/Platforms folder. You can not store any other files here than what is actually being used, do you have any backup files for platforms here?

Yes I do. So what do I do? If I delete for example the PS2 backup file will I have to reconfigure everything I have set up for that platform?

10 minutes ago, rfj831@gmail.com said:

Yes I do. So what do I do? If I delete for example the PS2 backup file will I have to reconfigure everything I have set up for that platform?

No cause you will still have the original right? So you have two PS2 files there, one normal and one backup? Have you used Skraper?

Just now, rfj831@gmail.com said:

yes I used skraper to get videos for my games. Deleting the backup worked though! thank you so much dude, it was driving me crazy haha

Yeah Skraper created that backup and obviously shouldnt, you were deleting games, but Launchbox was still reading the backup file as well as the correct one. You should never store extra files or backups in that folder.