LaunchBox Community Forums

Sony PlayStation on MAME

RULLUR

I seen on MAME 0.228 you can run PlayStation games, but having issues getting it to run that way since I don't really know all of the MESS commands. Wish I knew a list somewhere so I don't have to wonder about each time I see of another Platform I'd like to try to Launch through MAME, even if the quality isn't as great as other Emulators outside of MAME.

I have the psx.zip BIOS and tried psx -cdrm in the Associated Platforms as seen in a Thread here about CD-i and tried it that way, but nothing happens. I have everything as the standard .bin and .cue instead of being made into a .chd, but hope that's not the only way to make it work since I still want to run my PlayStation games on ePSXe and other Emulators when I feel it's needed when certain games can't handle it in MAME

Edited by RULLUR

26 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

psu -cdrm

...if loading a chd, cue, toc, nrg, gdi, iso or cdr file.

You'll need the Parent rom "psj.zip", the Clone rom "psu.zip"

psu -quick

...if loading a cpe, exe, psf or psx file

This will need the above 2 files plus the Device file "psx_cd.zip".

Big Thanks! It's running, but freezes up during the opening startup when I tried Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha and NASCAR Rumble. Not sure if it's certain games that can run without this happening or not, but at least it's running though.

UPDATE: Turns out it is certain games because Street Fighter: The Movie works just fine

Edited by RULLUR
  • Game On 1