LaunchBox Community Forums

Switching between Themes

VinceF

Hi,

Been playing around with themes and it seems like in order to get a new theme to "work", I have to reboot my computer.  Is there a way to refresh Big Box so that as I switch between themes and or views of a theme, it's apparent right away?  

I watched a video by ETA Prime on YouTube that was a basic primer for noobs with LB/BB and it appeared all he did was just hit the back button to exit the options and the theme changed, but that's not happening for me.

What am I doing wrong?

The only thing i can think of is that you are currently using a view that the theme you are switching to hasnt themed, so it looks the same as the theme you switched from. Apart from that i couldnt say what the issue is, i certainly have never heard this issue happening to anyone else before though.

4 hours ago, neil9000 said:

The only thing i can think of is that you are currently using a view that the theme you are switching to hasnt themed, so it looks the same as the theme you switched from. Apart from that i couldnt say what the issue is, i certainly have never heard this issue happening to anyone else before though.

I figured it out.... I think.... I haven't played it with all the themes and views yet but what I believe is happening, is when I unzipped the theme and put it in the Themes folder, it was still within a folder titled the name of the theme... so instead of Themes>Unified, it was Themes>Unified>Unified, then all the files... so it wasn't being read correctly.  I figured it out because it seemed like the Critical Zone Default theme was making changes as I made changes to the platform or game wheel, but none of the other themes were so I looked at that folder to see what the difference was and that's when I discovered what was happening.    I briefly tested one theme by correcting the folder path and that seems to have made a difference. Will try the others and check it out but think I'm on the right track....

11 hours ago, VinceF said:

I figured it out.... I think.... I haven't played it with all the themes and views yet but what I believe is happening, is when I unzipped the theme and put it in the Themes folder, it was still within a folder titled the name of the theme... so instead of Themes>Unified, it was Themes>Unified>Unified, then all the files... so it wasn't being read correctly.  I figured it out because it seemed like the Critical Zone Default theme was making changes as I made changes to the platform or game wheel, but none of the other themes were so I looked at that folder to see what the difference was and that's when I discovered what was happening.    I briefly tested one theme by correcting the folder path and that seems to have made a difference. Will try the others and check it out but think I'm on the right track....

Yes that will certainly stop themes from being read, glad you figured it out.