LaunchBox Community Forums

How to automatically start a game with JoyToKey support in LB

legolas119

2 hours ago, legolas119 said:

But i can't set them in the game options, these are the default command because in the settings of the game if I try to change something, the joypad isn't detected. And the directional button aren't detected at all.

2 hours ago, legolas119 said:

it could be solve when i will format my C hdd...

Before you take such drastic measures, are you sure your JoyToKey profile is actually active during gameplay? Could you Alt+Tab out of the game or run the game in windowed mode and check? If you could, right click on the JoyToKey tray icon in the system tray and it shows which profile is active.

1243326547_Schermopname(78).thumb.jpg.93b77f2d332d9030d9c8bfdeecb903cf.jpg

And if you have auto-associated profiles with games / emulators, open the game / emulator in a window and also have JoyToKey open in a window. As soon as you click on a game (make the game window active), you should see JoyToKey jump to the corresponding profile.

1786608552_Schermopname(80).thumb.jpg.c5479dcbadc941a33044aa3fdd471ecb.jpg

And how sure are you that the profile actually does what you want it to do? Did you enter the new key bindings with the correct corresponding controller buttons/sticks?

1618816996_Schermopname(79).thumb.jpg.81384a2c8b71379b13bb2e6b3a9d5cd6.jpg

Edited by Koroth

On 2/21/2021 at 11:48 AM, Koroth said:

Of course it can be used on the Xbox one X and Windows. Microsoft makes both. Yes, you can switch between them.

Well, now i want to play with my Xbox One X, but the joypad isn't detected anymore...I have to pair it again... so it seems that the same joypad can't be used both with Xbox one X and with the pc (with the wireless dongle): as I complete the pairing process with one of the 2 device, the pairing is interrupted in the other device and it needs to be done every time...:(  So I think that I'm forced to buy another xbox one controller ?

• 2 years later...
On 2/19/2021 at 5:50 PM, Your Friendly A.I Overlord said:

First, in JoyToKey you don't have to autorun a profile with an associated application. Ofcourse you could, but for just one game it is not necessary. In the script the line:

Run, "D:\EMULATORI\GIOCHI per PC\Contra Evolution HD\Contra Evolution\JoyToKey_en\JoyToKey.exe" Contra HD.cfg

already starts JoyToKey and loads the profile you made for your game.  If you just add JoyToKey directly as an Additional App, then JoyToKey won't close after you close your game and keeps running. With a script you can automatically close JoyToKey when you close your game.

To add a script as an additional to your game, first create a new text file on a location you desire. For example in your JoyToKey folder. Copy and paste the script to your text file and save it. Give it a name. In my case: JoyToKey_Cyberia_II.ahk but make sure you save the text file with an .ahk extension.

Then add the .ahk script as an additional app:

1526101709_Schermopname(69).thumb.jpg.ccc21c5a40972f56ec4dab77279f29a9.jpg

1) Give your additional app a name.

2) In the Application Path field select the AutoHotKey.exe in your \LaunchBox\ThirdParty\AutoHotkey folder.

3) In the Application Command-Line Parameters field enter the path and the name of the .ahk file you just created and use quotes (") at the beginning and end.

4) Check the box with "Automatically Run Before Main Application".

I had some intermittent trouble getting Joy2Key working properly with Rogue Synapse's "Starfighter" but this seemed to do the trick!!! Thanks so much!

Edited by Darkman042