LaunchBox Community Forums

Location for BB current theme per platform configs?

Undertherainbow

Hey there. I tried finding such but with no luck. How BB stores info and where is it stored, BB themes per platform?

If one wanna try different theme it would break all theme setup , so are there files somewhere so i can restore my BB themes back to before testing new theme?

I have few systems that utilize two different themes and its annoying to try different theme and then have to restore manually my themes back again. 

Thanks

Edited by Undertherainbow

If you are on current version of BigBox it has Theme Specific Options that save your settings for each theme you want. So if you change a theme and in the new theme make changes it would not affect the other theme when you go back to it. Any theme specific setting you have is saved in that theme's folder in the BigBoxSettingsOverride.xml

One things to make note of:

If a theme has an override xml and you go into the BigBox settings menu UI and try to change the global theme settings it will not affect that theme. The only way to make a change to a theme that does have the override xml is to be in the live view of the theme and use your mapped buttons/keys to make changes. Or you would need to delete the BigBoxSettingsOverrride.xml to be able to make changes in the settings menu UI.

Just now, Retro808 said:

If you are on current version of BigBox it has Theme Specific Options that save your settings for each theme you want. So if you change a theme and in the new theme make changes it would not affect the other theme when you go back to it. Any theme specific setting you have is saved in that theme's folder in the BigBoxSettingsOverride.xml

Yes i am using latest beta. 

But that's not what i wanted to ask. I probably wasn't clear enough , sorry about that.

Like this, right now i have sistems and everything is set. Some sistems use two different theme , some platform uses two different theme too. Now i were to change everything to new theme and then i want to switch back, how do i do that?

Lets say my collections games uses WheelGamesView from one theme , while platform uses another. I would lose all that if i try new theme, so if i want to revert how do i do that?

That is my problem. Its not in it. I went as deep as trying to track down process writing , but i couldnt figure out which file stores information about themes per platform. Everything goes into temp files but none actual xml's are written.

And neither of files in data stores any info about current theme per platform setting.