LaunchBox Community Forums

*[solved by Koroth]* how to run PS3 Emulator and hide everything for Big Box/launch box.

oldgamer

so I follow a video that Arcade Pirate made on his channel, but I don't like how he did it or how he explain it, I try to follow a lots videos on how to add ps3 emulators on big box and launch box but they don't explain the right way on how to hide the GUI or hide the Launcher for PS3 emulators. I even try to find answer on this forum and there all out dated post and topic that was like back 2019 and so I was wondering if there is anyways to explain to me in baby step how to get ps3 emulator run on Big box and also run it right way and also how to hide the ps3 launching part here a video I made to show you what its does on Big box. 

I made this video to show everyone on how the PS3 Emulator acts up when its start to launch in Big Box and Launch Box. I am sorry if my grammar is not perfect but I figure I can make this video and to show you guys on how its behaving and I hope you guys can show me and explain to me in baby step how to get the PS3 hub and GUIS launcher from not showing in front of Big box and hide it some how. 

Edited by oldgamer

To hide the emulator during game launch go to: LaunchBox > Tools > Manage Emulators > RPCS3 >  Startup Screen tab. Tick "Hide All Windows that are not in Exclusive Fullscreen Mode". Then increase the "Startup Load Delay" slider. I have set mine to 20 seconds.

118127854_Schermopname(134).thumb.jpg.28a9f313bd41f77140b1faafd1adeba8.jpg

You can't launch BigBox when LaunchBox is open. You either have to use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + B),  launch BigBox from the hamburger menu on the left, or close LaunchBox and start BigBox.

708411635_Schermopname(139).thumb.jpg.2353c3907b91c7ab9c1a2e60af0e6480.jpg 

Then your question about closing RPCS3 entirely at once.

First, in RPCS3, for a global setting go to: Config > Emulator > and tick "Exit RPCS3 when process finishes".

1646237846_Schermopname(138).thumb.jpg.67c8646ad6d3dc365b64f9392038f222.jpg

If you made per game configs in RPCS3, right click your game > Change Custom Configuration > Emulator > and tick "Exit RPCS3 when process finishes".

1463140848_Schermopname(136).thumb.jpg.ea8c5dda1a2dd863a42b3ca2c3d79069.jpg

You have to do this for every game.

Then, to close RPCS3 in LaunchBox / BigBox with the Escape key (or controller automation) copy / paste the following script in: LaunchBox > Tools > Manage Emulators > RPCS3 > Running AutoHotKey tab

$Esc::
{
WinClose, ahk_exe rpcs3.exe
}

2115958601_Schermopname(140).thumb.jpg.c1e21036afec92c83f56b678187541fc.jpg

But for me RPCS3 sometimes hangs when closing that way (a thread lock-up). If that happens try the following script.

{
Process, Close, rpcs3.exe
}

Edited by Koroth

9 hours ago, Koroth said:

To hide the emulator during game launch go to: LaunchBox > Tools > Manage Emulators > RPCS3 >  Startup Screen tab. Tick "Hide All Windows that are not in Exclusive Fullscreen Mode". Then increase the "Startup Load Delay" slider. I have set mine to 20 seconds.

118127854_Schermopname(134).thumb.jpg.28a9f313bd41f77140b1faafd1adeba8.jpg

You can't launch BigBox when LaunchBox is open. You either have to use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + B),  launch BigBox from the hamburger menu on the left, or close LaunchBox and start BigBox.

708411635_Schermopname(139).thumb.jpg.2353c3907b91c7ab9c1a2e60af0e6480.jpg 

Then your question about closing RPCS3 entirely at once.

First, in RPCS3, for a global setting go to: Config > Emulator > and tick "Exit RPCS3 when process finishes".

1646237846_Schermopname(138).thumb.jpg.67c8646ad6d3dc365b64f9392038f222.jpg

If you made per game configs in RPCS3, right click your game > Change Custom Configuration > Emulator > and tick "Exit RPCS3 when process finishes".

1463140848_Schermopname(136).thumb.jpg.ea8c5dda1a2dd863a42b3ca2c3d79069.jpg

You have to do this for every game.

Then, to close RPCS3 in LaunchBox / BigBox with the Escape key (or controller automation) copy / paste the following script in: LaunchBox > Tools > Manage Emulators > RPCS3 > Running AutoHotKey tab

{
WinClose, ahk_exe rpcs3.exe
}

2115958601_Schermopname(140).thumb.jpg.c1e21036afec92c83f56b678187541fc.jpg

But for me RPCS3 sometimes hangs when closing that way (a thread lock-up). If that happens try the following script.

{
Process, Close, rpcs3.exe
}

thank you so mush I follow your guide to the letter and everything is working perfect 

I used the first script with the WinClose  and that work very perfect, but when I try using your second script  the rpcs3 cause some odd error crash. but everything is so perfect thank you so mush for everything. I hope this guide you made will help everyone in future as well ❤️ 

and if you ever wanting a custom made screen pack for mugen let me know okay Koroth 

because Im a real Mugen Theme artist and sprite pixal art theme artist for the mugen software :D let me know and make you a custom cool screen pack for all your help ❤️

Edited by oldgamer
  • Game On 1

• oldgamer changed the title to *[solved by Koroth]* how to run PS3 Emulator and hide everything for Big Box/launch box.
  • 2 years later...
On 10/16/2023 at 11:58 PM, Salamonius said:

Is this still applicable in 2023? I'm trying to get rpcs3 to close via xinput. L3+start to exit out, but cannot find a guide anywhere.

all you need to do is set the "close active window" hotkey in LaunchBox and/or Big Box to whatever you want on your controller and it will do just that. find it in options > controller mappings and set it to whatever you like. then when you push that button (or button combo) when you're playing a game it will close the emulator