LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox - remove clock?

floodie

You have to edit the theme. Depending on the view you are using you would need to edit that view's xaml file and comment out or just delete the line of code for the time. In Unified it should be easy enough to find as each of the data sections is pretty well labeled. 

• 2 weeks later...

hi Retro - so i have had a chance to take a look at your advice and a little stumped. I have been into Launchbox > themes > Unified and the only file that seems relevant in there is Themesettings.XML - i have been into that had a scan through and cannot see (or CTRL+F) anything related to Clock, Time, or Date. Have looked at other possible places too and cannot see any XML which contains them either. Any idea where else i could look? thanks

Each theme has a Views folder. Look in there. You would need to edit the one for the specific view you are using. You will be looking for something like WheelGamesView.xaml or TextGamesView.xaml for example. If you do not know which view you are using go into BB and in the options look in the Views section. It will tell you the view you are using for that theme.

hi retro - So it assume it is this section in the XAML file :

<!-- DATE, TIME AND WEATHER -->
                <Viewbox x:Name="DateTimeWeather" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="1" >
                    <DockPanel Height="45" Width="349" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" >
                        <TextBlock Text="{Binding CurrentTime}" FontFamily="{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}" FontWeight="Bold" VerticalAlignment="Center" DockPanel.Dock="Right" FontSize="35" Foreground="Crimson" />
                        <TextBlock Text="  " FontFamily="{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}" FontSize="35" VerticalAlignment="Center" DockPanel.Dock="Right" />
                        <TextBlock Name="tbArrivalDateTime" Text="{Binding Source={x:Static sys:DateTime.Today}, StringFormat='{}{0:MMMM dd, yyyy}'}" FontFamily="{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}"  VerticalAlignment="Center" HorizontalAlignment="Right" DockPanel.Dock="Right" FontSize="35" Foreground="Gold" />
                        <TextBlock Text="  " FontFamily="{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}" FontSize="35" VerticalAlignment="Center" DockPanel.Dock="Right" />
                    </DockPanel>
                </Viewbox>
            </Grid>

I have tried a number of things including deleting the entire section, and then just parts.. Results in either bigbox really having a mental breakdown and erroring OR an odd view OR nothing at all changing..

Tested it and was able to remove the date/time. Make sure when you delete it you do not delete the part in the code with </Grid>

If you look back at what you pasted it is the last line of that code. That piece belongs to the bigger grid piece of the code. Removing it likely caused your issues.

If you want just copy this and paste it over top of the exact lines in this code. All I did was comment it out. It still leaves the code in there just makes it not a working part. Make sure to highlight only the exact lines.

<!--DATE, TIME AND WEATHER -->
				<!-- x:Name="DateTimeWeather" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="1" >
					<DockPanel Height="45" Width="349" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" >
						<TextBlock Text="{Binding CurrentTime}" FontFamily="{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}" FontWeight="Bold" VerticalAlignment="Center" DockPanel.Dock="Right" FontSize="35" Foreground="Crimson" />
						<TextBlock Text="  " FontFamily="{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}" FontSize="35" VerticalAlignment="Center" DockPanel.Dock="Right" />
						<TextBlock Name="tbArrivalDateTime" Text="{Binding Source={x:Static sys:DateTime.Today}, StringFormat='{}{0:MMMM dd, yyyy}'}" FontFamily="{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}"  VerticalAlignment="Center" HorizontalAlignment="Right" DockPanel.Dock="Right" FontSize="35" Foreground="Gold" />
						<TextBlock Text="  " FontFamily="{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}" FontSize="35" VerticalAlignment="Center" DockPanel.Dock="Right" />
					</DockPanel>
				</Viewbox-->

hi Retro - thanks - before i do i want to be sure i am amending the right XAML file as there are loads. Within big box, options, views it shows this :

Platform list view: Platform wheel 1

Games list view : Vertical wheel 3

So the XAML file that i am amending is called PlatformWheel1FiltersView.XAML - its the only one that seems to correlate to "Platforms wheel 1".

Furthermore, when i copy your red text (exactly) carefully keeping the </Grid> in there at the end i get a huge error appear. 

If you can see any cracks in what i have just said then brilliant please let me know what im doing wrong - might give up on the idea of removing the clock :)