LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem with Search in Games DB with Titles that use "&"

RULLUR

Not sure who else is aware of this, but turns out if you're looking for something like "M&M's" in the title or anything else using "&", you'll be met only with whatever you searched before the "&" was used. So if you type in "M&M's", it'll come up as you just typed "M".

For now, I found you have to use "%26" instead of "&" in the search to get the proper results. So if for instance if you wanted to look for something like "M&M's", then you'll have to do "m%26m%27s" instead. You might get away with "m%26m's" too, but have yet to try it. I just figured it out the same as you would in a URL address, and that trick worked. So until that is fixed, I just wanted to pass this info on to the rest of you who may also have such a headache searching things in the Games DB that use "&"

8 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Not sure who else is aware of this, but turns out if you're looking for something like "M&M's" in the title or anything else using "&", you'll be met only with whatever you searched before the "&" was used. So if you type in "M&M's", it'll come up as you just typed "M".

For now, I found you have to use "%26" instead of "&" in the search to get the proper results. So if for instance if you wanted to look for something like "M&M's", then you'll have to do "m%26m%27s" instead. You might get away with "m%26m's" too, but have yet to try it. I just figured it out the same as you would in a URL address, and that trick worked. So until that is fixed, I just wanted to pass this info on to the rest of you who may also have such a headache searching things in the Games DB that use "&"

You experiencing the need to do this inside of LaunchBox or on the GamesDB website?