LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing EA Play Titles

Darkcloud

Is it possible to import EA Play titles with either the Origin or Xbox importer (got Access through Game Pass Ultimate)? I Installed the games and Launched one but none gets detected. Is there a way or does the Origin importer only detect games in your account while the Xbox Importer does not find the games because the only thing going through game pass is the access to EA Play not the individual games? 

If its not possible through the importer I will add the .exe files instead. 

At this point in time I do not believe LaunchBox will be able to detect EA Play games. The new EA Play system uses whole new API calls than the old Origin system so we have to start over and see if we can get access to those calls to build a importer for it.

• 7 months later...
4 hours ago, Thornback said:

Bumping because it appears Origin will soon be superseded by EA Play. Perhaps now is a good time to look into it?

We already support EA Play, EA Play games you get from Gamepass though cannot be imported, and there is nothing we can do about that. Those games do not appear in either EA's OR XBOX's API's, so if we can't see them we can't import them. One of those company's would have to change their backend API's for us to be able to do anything here.

• Unusual Gem 1

52 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

We already support EA Play, EA Play games you get from Gamepass though cannot be imported, and there is nothing we can do about that. Those games do not appear in either EA's OR XBOX's API's, so if we can't see them we can't import them. One of those company's would have to change their backend API's for us to be able to do anything here.

I tried importing Battlefield 2042 (purchased on EA Play). LB picks up the game on Origin but ends up with the wrong launcher file after import (installerdata.xml). Manually assigning the .exe opens the EA Play launcher but not the game.

Games managed by Origin work flawlessly. Any idea?

Edited by Thornback