LaunchBox Community Forums

Is it possible to segregate playlist videos to separate folders?

Johnny T

Hi all,

I am using Launchbox to run MFME (Multiple Fruit Machine Emulator). There is only one platform (MFME) in my build. All my videos are within /Videos/MFME/Recordings/

However, I have several playlists (split by machine manufacturer) and I wondered if there was a way of putting associated folders somewhere and LB would grab the videos from there....

For instance - I have playlists called "Ace", "Barcrest", "Bellfruit" etc and would ideally like the videos associated with those playlists in their own folder so something like /Videos/MFME/Recordings/ACE/ and then all the videos associated with the ACE playlist in there?

I've tried creating folders at both /Videos/MFME/ACE and Videos/MFME/Recordings/ACE and LB doesn't seem to find the videos?

Many thanks for any help you can give me :)

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Launchbox/Videos/Playlists/Name Of Playlist/Name Of Playlist.MP4

Hi Neil,

This isn't working for some reason?

I have Playlist called "Ace" (within a Platform called MFME).

I have a machine called Big Break.

Within \Videos\MFME\Recordings\ I have "Big Break-01.mkv" and this video shows fine.

However, if I move it to \Videos\Playlists\Ace\Big Break-01.mkv then it doesn't show up?

I've tried \Videos\Playlists\MFME\Ace\Big Break-01.mkv

I've also tried a .mp4 (in case it was a problem with mkv files within the Playlist folder)

But none of them are working??

Any ideas?

Oh so you are talking videos for actual games here, you specifically said "playlist videos" in the thread name so thats what i gave you the info for in my reply. Games can never be playlists, they are just games, so the videos for them need to be in Launchbox/Videos/Name of platform folder to be seen. Playlists just list games from platforms, thats all they do, all the metadata, media and videos are attached to the game, not whether or not its a platform or a playlist, that is of no consequence,

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Oh so you are talking videos for actual games here, you specifically said "playlist videos" in the thread name so thats what i gave you the info for in my reply. Games can never be playlists, they are just games, so the videos for them need to be in Launchbox/Videos/Name of platform folder to be seen. Playlists just list games from platforms, thats all they do, all the metadata, media and videos are attached to the game, not whether or not its a platform or a playlist, that is of no consequence,

Okay, thanks for that. Apologies for the confusion. It was just strange that I could add extra folders to my Images folder to help curate them (for instance - Fanart - Box - Front/Ace/Big Break.png or whatever) but in the videos folder they all have to just be in one folder and can't be put in sub-folders. 

It makes sense though as you point out that it is just one big "pool" of games etc.

Thanks again :)