LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing game and pulling data from the wrong game?

flikk

One of the Ys1&2 Chronicles games (from Steam) imported as Five Nights at Freddy's 2 (only thing remotely Ys related I see is that in all of the images, there are a batch of Ys images there).

Is there a way to manually select what game something should be linked to? Thinking something like Plex where if it links the wrong one, you can manually select from the options and go with that different one.

12 hours ago, flikk said:

One of the Ys1&2 Chronicles games (from Steam) imported as Five Nights at Freddy's 2 (only thing remotely Ys related I see is that in all of the images, there are a batch of Ys images there).

Is there a way to manually select what game something should be linked to? Thinking something like Plex where if it links the wrong one, you can manually select from the options and go with that different one.

In the games edit screen next to the name will be the database ID, click the little x next to that to clear it, then click the button to search for metadata.

• Thanks 2

On 4/10/2021 at 7:19 AM, neil9000 said:

In the games edit screen next to the name will be the database ID, click the little x next to that to clear it, then click the button to search for metadata.

Thanks, was able to click 'x' type in Ys II and pull (though I had to do it a second time after manually blanking everything as it didn't blank out the existing 5NaF entries if the Ys II entry didn't have a value for it).

I think this particular game is an odd case. Ys I & II Chronicles+ puts out 2 entries in the steam library. The first one, Ys I, when searched in Launchbox comes up as 7 Sexy Sins and Ys II shows up as Five Nights at Freddy's. I didn't notice that Ys I was off because the artwork was right, but when I clicked it, noticed that the meta data was specific to 7SS.

Is there a way as a user to update the library in the event there is some kind of overlap between Steam's entries for multiple games?

Edited by flikk

On 4/10/2021 at 7:19 PM, neil9000 said:

Thanks for this bit of info. Just today I had an incorrect import, where the PS1 version of Final Fantasy VII (Europe) was being picked up as a Chinese rom hack. I thought I'd messed up the regions before realizing the game metadata was incorrect.