LaunchBox Community Forums

Game List Exporter - simple text file generator

Hello all,

I've made some significant changes to the internals of the plugin. This de-couples the formatting functions from the filtering/selection code, making it much, much easier to have multiple formats available for the list output and I've created a handful of simple formats to demonstrate. They can definitely be improved on, so all suggestions are welcome.

The plugin code is now significantly more complex than before, so my limited testing may be exposed. Please let me know of any bugs or problems you encounter and I'll endeavour to fix them.

Plugin file: GameListExporter_0x0x7.zip

Installation: Just place  GameListExporter.dll in the Launchbox Plugins sub-directory

Usage: Select 'Game List Exporter' from the Tools menu in LB and a window will appear allowing you to choose between platforms, genres, year of release and publishers as a basis for your exported list. Selecting a group option will display values you have in your database for that field. Check the ones you want to include in the export file. You can choose from a number of available output formats that can be previewed in real-time in both text and HTML (where applicable) views.

Once platforms and layout are selected, hit 'Generate Export List' and you'll be prompted for where to save the resulting export file -- and that's it.

Edited by essjaygee
Plugin updated
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Awesome & very handy tool!
Many thanks for creating & sharing.
Is it possible to add the game count beside each of the platforms?
example:
- Arcade (234 games)
 -- 005 (Sega) (1981) [Maze / Shooter Small; ]
 -- 1941: Counter Attack (Capcom) (1990) [Shooter / Flying Vertical; ]

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...