LaunchBox Community Forums

MSX & MSX 2 EMULATION

Tsigarinho

Hi guys. I am using blueMSX emulator from Retroarch to play games for MSX and MSX2.

I have copied bios files to Retroarch/system folder.

The bios are:

PAINTER.ROM

MSXDOS2.ROM

MSX2PEXT.ROM

MSX2P.ROM

MSX2EXT.ROM

MSX2.ROM

MSX.ROM

KANJI.ROM

and a folder named ''Machines" which has a lot of folders and files inside.

So everything is working great except some games that are stuck on a blue screen (Check photo). For example Batman - Rescue The Rovin & American Soccer games are not working. Other games are working great as Aliens - Alien 2 or Contra or Metal Gear Solid.

Any idea why this is happening? Do i miss any bios files? Can you confirm that those games are working for you?

Thanks in advance.

Χωρίς τίτλο.png

Edited by Tsigarinho

4 hours ago, DeadVoivod said:

Check this out, I for myself didn't add MSX yet:

https://docs.libretro.com/library/bluemsx/

If everything thing's correct, then it might be your 2 ROM files that don't work properly, try to get another version. 

Yes i have read the libretro page and i have done everything correctly. For a strange reason some games don't run and stuck on that blue screen. I have tried several versions and different emulators but all the same. I think it might be some bios files, but i don't know for sure. I'll try another emulator, maybe is problem with retroarch.

1 hour ago, zugswang said:

Just because 1 game works for a system does not mean they will all work.

Not many emulators have 100% compatibility, not even Dolphin or PCSX2, so it may just be they are not compatible with any emulator.

Yeah i know that but i have seen people playing those games on youtube. So they are working. Just wondering if i have made a mistake or missing any bios files, that's why i am asking if anyone here has those games and test them.

3 hours ago, DeadVoivod said:

Just tested, both are working, the .rom files of the games.

Batman.jpg

Soccer.jpg

Hmmm really strange. I am also using bluemsx. Can you send me please the Machines folder inside your Retroarch folder inside system folder as also the bios and those 2 roms? I think i am missing something there. Thanks in advance for your time.

23 minutes ago, Tsigarinho said:

Hmmm really strange. I am also using bluemsx. Can you send me please the Machines folder inside your Retroarch folder inside system folder as also the bios and those 2 roms? I think i am missing something there. Thanks in advance for your time.

Inside RA, just load the core and then go to information.

There you can see if any bios files are missing.

Also try the fMSX core, it works well.

Edited by zugswang
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, zugswang said:

OK didn't think of that. I'll give it a shoot when i go back home. If it stills not working even i haven't any errors, i would like you could share me your configuration, bios and roms please. Thank you very much. I'll come back later.

20 hours ago, zugswang said:

Oh man that did the trick!!!!

I didn't have the databases folder inside Retroarch/system folder.

Now every game is playable!!!!

Thank you very much!!!!!