LaunchBox Community Forums

How to use "Save Content Directory Overrides" in Retroarch ?

Elhora

Hi all,

maybe this question sounds stupid, but i can't get to work the Directory Override in Retroarch and i might miss something.  My need comes from the Amstrad CPC and the Amstrad GX4000 that i use with the Caprice32 core in Retroarch. The Amstrad CPC needs the 6128 core option, the Amstrad GX4000 needs the 6128+ core option, and of course, i need 2 configurations depending on the directory the game is located (all my games are seperated in 2 directories, one per platform).

Here is what i did (and not working) in Retroarch.

- i launch Retroarch and load the Caprice32 core. Then i Load a game from the CPC games  directory and in the core option, i choose 6128. Of course the game launches without problem.

- While the game is running, In the quick menu, i go to "Overrides" then "Save Content Directory Overrides", then exit Retroarch

I launch Retroarch again do the same steps as above for the GX4000 but choosing the 6128+ in the core option.

But nothing happens.

Only the latest core option are saved and it seems that when i click on "Save Content Directory Overrides" nothing is saved. I dont have any specific core config files anywhere... It's like i did nothing. And i don't even have the feeling that anything happens when i click on "Save Content Directory Overrides".....

So if you have a solution of what i'm missing ? i'm lost....

Edited by Elhora