LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing necessary files only

Youin Anotherform

Is there a way to only import necessary files? I know I can just search for a specific file type like a "cue" then import that way, but some of my game folders have different necessary file types. So instead of having to do multiple searches and imports for one console, I'd like to just do one by only importing the necessary files. Is there a way to do so? 

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

LB has no clue what the necessary files would be for any platform/emulator. So you would have to manually select them like you would do for the .cue files.

There could be some kind of menu where you could select what files to import. Or, for what already exists, when you choose "select folder" and it then shows you all the files that are going to be imported, you should be able to arrange them by file type. Because now, you can't rearrange that list at all. So you'd have to delete the files while being careful not to delete the ones you want. It would be a lot quicker if you could arrange by file type on that list. 

34 minutes ago, Youin Anotherform said:

There could be some kind of menu where you could select what files to import. Or, for what already exists, when you choose "select folder" and it then shows you all the files that are going to be imported, you should be able to arrange them by file type. Because now, you can't rearrange that list at all. So you'd have to delete the files while being careful not to delete the ones you want. It would be a lot quicker if you could arrange by file type on that list. 

Yeah that would be a possible menu option to eventually add. Honestly though, it is doubtful that would be high on the list of improvements unless enough people voted for it since you can simply use Windows and do the same sort/search function then drag and drop the files.