Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Exit button doesn't exit in pause menu


G22
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi, I've only tried with Mame games but when I go in the BigBox pause menu where I can resume, view artwork, etc. When I press Exit game, I get the game over screen but it goes back to the Mame game and it can't be exited unless I press the button I've map in Mame.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, G22 said:

Hi, I've only tried with Mame games but when I go in the BigBox pause menu where I can resume, view artwork, etc. When I press Exit game, I get the game over screen but it goes back to the Mame game and it can't be exited unless I press the button I've map in Mame.

Any ideas? Thanks!

If you have changed what the exit is in mame then you need to also change it in Launchbox. Launchbox will be sending the default of Escape, so if you changed it to something else that is your issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

If you have changed what the exit is in mame then you need to also change it in Launchbox. Launchbox will be sending the default of Escape, so if you changed it to something else that is your issue.

Oh that makes sense! Any idea where in BigBox I change that key?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, G22 said:

Oh that makes sense! Any idea where in BigBox I change that key?

You need to add a script in Launchbox, Manage Emultors/Mame/Exit Autohotkey Script tab. As for the actual script i dont know, but it should be easily enough to google.

image.thumb.png.4cbeeb86dad8d3fb66ef633f84dadb46.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Koroth said:

Try the following:

Go to LaunchBox > Tools > Manage Emulators > MAME > Exit AutoHotKey Script tab and enter:


WinClose, ahk_exe mame64.exe

 

Thanks you this is working directly!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...