LaunchBox Community Forums

Exit button doesn't exit in pause menu

G22

Hi, I've only tried with Mame games but when I go in the BigBox pause menu where I can resume, view artwork, etc. When I press Exit game, I get the game over screen but it goes back to the Mame game and it can't be exited unless I press the button I've map in Mame.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Just now, G22 said:

Hi, I've only tried with Mame games but when I go in the BigBox pause menu where I can resume, view artwork, etc. When I press Exit game, I get the game over screen but it goes back to the Mame game and it can't be exited unless I press the button I've map in Mame.

Any ideas? Thanks!

If you have changed what the exit is in mame then you need to also change it in Launchbox. Launchbox will be sending the default of Escape, so if you changed it to something else that is your issue.

21 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

If you have changed what the exit is in mame then you need to also change it in Launchbox. Launchbox will be sending the default of Escape, so if you changed it to something else that is your issue.

Oh that makes sense! Any idea where in BigBox I change that key?

2 minutes ago, G22 said:

Oh that makes sense! Any idea where in BigBox I change that key?

You need to add a script in Launchbox, Manage Emultors/Mame/Exit Autohotkey Script tab. As for the actual script i dont know, but it should be easily enough to google.

image.thumb.png.4cbeeb86dad8d3fb66ef633f84dadb46.png

15 hours ago, Koroth said:

Try the following:

Go to LaunchBox > Tools > Manage Emulators > MAME > Exit AutoHotKey Script tab and enter:

WinClose, ahk_exe mame64.exe

Thanks you this is working directly!